Thinking about selling all minis

I think I should sell all my mini bikes and motors to get a 110 Lifan CT70 clone Because they are street leagal and I could ride it and have no worry of the cops taking my mini. What do you guys think? The CT70 clone is only 995.00

sell or not to sell.:wink:

Last edited:
This vast collection of mini bikes is how many ? I found no pictures of your mini bike Harem and of course you live in a depressed mini bike area of the United States so you possibly paid top dollar for your mini bikes. So I vote that you keep them all renew your Vows and find the $995.00 elsewhere. LOL
Steve :scooter:

jason stop being a pussy keep your mini`s the money that you have in them is already spent ! so your really not missing it . just slow down and decide which mini you want to start first and finish it and start on the other one that trailhorse you have is a nice bike so is your arco the arco is all there clean it up put a motor on and enjoy it , the doodle bug runs great , nothing to do there , so next that cat thing you have put that off till last , and start that damn trailhorse you bought that because you liked it ,and it is a very nice frame .just take your time and start one project and finish it .your quitting before you even start . your use to those doodlebugs they are all together you just put a bigger motor on and bang it`s done that`s not building that`s to easy your a smart guy use it

I Say...... Sell some mini's and Buy a new Lifan.. I sold a few of mine to get one. I've put 3k on it since August all on the street.. I love it!

Don't even bother with the older clones.The Older ones don't seem to sell for much less than the new Lifan anyway. I am Pretty sure Lifan is the only Chinese company making them right now anyway. People just put their own name on them, Like Hooper imports and Trailbuddy.

Shop around, Some dealers may have some scratch and dents or demo models for a better price. I Still have around 35 or so Vintage mini's but I have always wanted a ct-70 style bike.

I have been watching the clones since about 2000 when they started filtering over here. I Wasn't that Impressed. I think there were maybe 4 companies making them and they all had varying levels of quality. I saw a few Lifan 70cc ones a few years back but didn't have the cash. They looked very nice back then and they look very nice today.

I paid about $950 for my New 2008 Lifan around July of last year and I have about 3000 miles on it now. I Spent $40 on new sprockets because the bike is geared very low. After the gear change it happily cruise at 50 mph all day long. I have not had any issues with it and it came with a 1 year warranty on everything but the wearables. Paint is great, Quality is outstanding. There's Fellow on Planet Mini's with a 06 that he uses as his daily rider on Florida that has Over 10K on the original engine. He has had to do some maintenance on it but nothing crazy. Tires , Tubes a fuel line. Stuff like that.

Its just plain fun to ride a mini on the street.. I Have also made a ton of money renting it out to buddies to take their Motorcycle riding test on at $50 a pop.
I think just about every state you have to have a M class for anything 50cc and above. It is super cheap to insure so that shouldn't be a issue. They All come with a MSO so its very easy to get it Titled and legal. I Spent maybe 5 minutes at the License office after I Got mine. I Had More of a Hassle with My New Triumph at the License office. :)
It gets around 80-100mpg as well.

I'm really happy with almost everything Lifan makes. They and their sister companies Spend a Ton Of Money with My Company here in the USA so its easy for me to open my wallet to get a few of their products.

I Will always be a Old School Minibike guy at heart, But After My next few Builds I Am getting a New Lifan Z50 clone to go with the 110.

I can find the 70 clones for $500 in VG cond and the real thing for less than the clones new. Guess it depends on where you live but for $1.000 I'd rather buy a one owner larger CC motorcycle!

If no MC license, look at the Mad ass scooters then do the big bore kit.

I looked for a Ct-70 for a year before I bought mine. I wanted something I could get on and ride
right now.

Around here $1000 gets you ct-70 in OK shape but no title and a wore out 70CC engine.

I don't know how many times I drove to look at bikes that had incorrect paperwork or were pretty wore out and the seller thought they were made of gold..

I wanted to ride mine on the street and a stock Ct 70 wasn't going to cut it. Yes I know you can mod the 70's but I didn't want to mess with it.

I wanted to be able to keep up with traffic, have a modern 12volt system with E start and decent lights.

I have enough big bikes, This is what I wanted and I am still very glad I made the decision. Its been a wonderful Little bike.

Not as cool as say.. My Atlas. But its Been a runner!

I should have stated this earlier about the 50cc and under Here in the state Of Mo. If you have gears you actually shift... You have to register it as a Motorcycle.

A lot of states have that same stipulation. Here in MO the Madass even in 50cc forum would need a M class because of the 3 speed transmission even if it is semi Auto. So make sure you can classify whatever you get as a scooter if you don't want a M class.