This ain't a Baja but it is Chinese...

Daniel Coop

Another fun (and affordable) build, it's the DB's cousin, the Motovox MBX10. I never cared much about the look of these frames but after building my daughter's Build-Off Motovox MBX10 (nearly complete) and hoping up another for a buddy, I have really come to like them. They're similar to a DB in a lot of respect, but don't actually share too many parts outside of some bearings, the brake rotor and tire sizes. But they are well made and a lot more square than a DB and have better welds and a thicker motor plate. This one I built for my good friend's son.

His son quickly grew tired of the slow original motor and not being able to keep up with his dad's DB so I was enlisted to make it fun again.
Started with a brand new Hemi Predator I've been holding in my hoard.

Garbage removed
The tanks aren't much to look at with all their warning stickers and giant bulbous gas cap.
Garbage removed, cap swapped out
decided to add some color to an otherwise all black bike
Carb re-je
Re-clocked the pull start and began assembly
painted and stickers up an OldMiniBikes Arco clutch cover to match, hiding a 15t Max Torque clutch
De-stickered and re-stickered the frame and Modified an X7 super pocket bike rear hydraulic brake kit to fit since Hotrodminibikes was out of stock on their already modified X7 kit resold as a Motovox kit.
Another built Motovox to terrorize neighborhood streets.

I am getting ready to do a very similar project for myself. Got a running, mint MBX11 for a good price, to use as a pit bike (at dragstrip), but it is ridiculously underpowered.

My new Predator 212 is due to be here tomorrow.

Did you simply re-drill the engine plate, or dId yiu use one of those "kits"?

I am a truck fleet mechanic by trade, but these are on quite a bit of a smaller scale...

Best I can tell, I can re-drill engine plate, get the correct shaft size clutch, and bolt...and probably a new longer chain....

Does that sound about right?

Pardon the newbie-ish questions, but it's a chore trying to search on a phone...especially when I have no idea what to look for...lol.

Also should be picking up a running DB30 tomorrow. It's a complete, running "Dirt Bug"...which may be the better donor bike?

Daniel Coop

I am getting ready to do a very similar project for myself. Got a running, mint MBX11 for a good price, to use as a pit bike (at dragstrip), but it is ridiculously underpowered.

My new Predator 212 is due to be here tomorrow.

Did you simply re-drill the engine plate, or dId yiu use one of those "kits"?

I am a truck fleet mechanic by trade, but these are on quite a bit of a smaller scale...

Best I can tell, I can re-drill engine plate, get the correct shaft size clutch, and bolt...and probably a new longer chain....

Does that sound about right?

Pardon the newbie-ish questions, but it's a chore trying to search on a phone...especially when I have no idea what to look for...lol.

Also should be picking up a running DB30 tomorrow. It's a complete, running "Dirt Bug"...which may be the better donor bike?
Yeah, you can just re-drill the motor plate after mocking up the motor, clutch and chain, but I use engine adapter plates from either OldMiniBikes or Hotrodminibikes. They give you good adjustability front, back, side to side.
You still have to drill for those too. My daughter's Motovox MBX10 is a better example of what's possible with one of these bikes

Harquebus

Love what ye have done. I too thought these were hideous bikes, esp in factory condition but I guess any turd can be polished.

Liberal town, aye? :eek:hmy:

Daniel Coop

Love what ye have done. I too thought these were hideous bikes, esp in factory condition but I guess any turd can be polished.

Liberal town, aye? :eek:hmy:
Liberal town? Let's please not get into a political discussion on a mini bike thread. I live in the heart of an ultra conservative (white) town, but am an inner-city boy, through and through. You don't grow up poor and struggling, to become a freaking conservative... Anyone claiming to be a conservative right now should be hanging their heads in shame at this point, for what's become of our country in the hands of a conservative controlled government... Our president is a lying, racist, homophobic, misogynistic, treasonous POS and we've become​ the laughing stock of the rest of the world. I guarantee, next election cycle, change is coming.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Thanks for the info. Not really sure wtf just happened after that though...
LMFAO! I was wondering who'd be confused and who'd get what we were talking about...Harquebus noticed in the picture of my daughter's bike, my truck in the background. It says F___ Trump! on the back window all huge, but he had to make some stupid ass comment about Liberal town. Sorry, I'm back off my soap-box. No politics in mini bikin'!

SAS289

I say we all should make America FUN again one mini bike ride at a time. Because you never know when someone on a climate change crusade will come along and ban the fun. These mini bikes pollute don't you know??? :laugh:

I just bought one of these and have picked up a 212 Predator and some other goodies. I really want a hydraulic rear brake setup by HRMB has been out and has no idea when/if they will get more. Could you enlighten me on this modified X7 pocket bike setup you did? Where could I pick this up? What has to be modified? TIA

Daniel Coop

I just bought one of these and have picked up a 212 Predator and some other goodies. I really want a hydraulic rear brake setup by HRMB has been out and has no idea when/if they will get more. Could you enlighten me on this modified X7 pocket bike setup you did? Where could I pick this up? What has to be modified? TIA
I'm having trouble even finding the X7 kit online now... I picked up another Motovox that I am building, but have had no luck yet finding the X7 kit through anyone. Hotrodminibikes shows the caliper in stock... Might be a good idea to order one, a brake line and master cylinder and put it together and bleed it yourself. I am clueless as to why they've become scarce, but if you can piece one together like I am for my new Motovox, that might be your only choice. The bracket on the X7 caliper is too thick and needs to be ground down to fit. That's what Hotrodminibikes does to the X7 kits they re-brand as Motovox kits.

I'm having trouble even finding the X7 kit online now... I picked up another Motovox that I am building, but have had no luck yet finding the X7 kit through anyone. Hotrodminibikes shows the caliper in stock... Might be a good idea to order one, a brake line and master cylinder and put it together and bleed it yourself. I am clueless as to why they've become scarce, but if you can piece one together like I am for my new Motovox, that might be your only choice. The bracket on the X7 caliper is too thick and needs to be ground down to fit. That's what Hotrodminibikes does to the X7 kits they re-brand as Motovox kits.
Thanks for the info. I just ordered some parts from them the other day and saw that the kits are out of stock, but they all the individual parts. That way will cost about twice as much but I guess that's really the only option

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk