Thunderbobberchoppa

fistfullabar

looks good now just add white wall 2 da back and good to see you jumpin back into a build after your well won long battle with the bolt was thinking you b busy bar hanging on that foxy bolt :thumbsup: P.S. where is yo helmet?:eek:ut:

buckeye

Oky doky then, I will go with the expert builders opinions. Red rims and the bronze copper whatever color that is. Should be mocked and riding this week. Then tear apart and paint.
Seat suggestions? I want to avoid the crappy original and go with a solo seat. Anyone have one laying around they want to get rid of??

buckeye

Great progress.
I ground the tank mount off and dressed up the welds.
Woo-woo
qAdded bonus, the old tank will work for a real tank on a Baja Heat.

FRAME LOOKS GREAT BUCKEYE.THE AIR CLEANER LOOKS KILLER TOO.
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FINISHED PRODUCT.
YOU GUNNA PUT A TAV ON IT?:laugh::laugh:

buckeye

Naaw, then I'd have to change the rear sprocket, never did that so, this would turn into stress instead of fun.:laugh: Might have to do that anyway with the extra power. That thing might be a wheelie monster. Guess i could always put a sissy bar on it to keep from getting a scratch on the back of my shoulder.
Hmmm...sissy bar....

Kinda missed this thread at first, but I love what you are doing with your Manco Buckeye. :thumbsup: Red rims wrapped in some nice whitewalls really make it look slick. :thumbsup: I like your idea for an air cleaner, I have seen that done on a 5hp Briggs.

buckeye

Well thanks Clayton.
Got the engine mounted,throttle done,and tightened everything down.
Made it down the street. Thing is wicked fast with the 5 hp Briggs. Can't hit the throttle too hard from a stop. Brings the front wheel off the ground. Few little tweeks and tear it apart for bead blasting, put new brackets for seat.
Removing the shocks and makin it a hard tail. This one won't be nowhere but asfault so why not.

And Bill Elerby is right. Need to add a brace. With the extra torque it sure eats chain.

Last edited:

buckeye

Wow, TRK likes it. Or your laughing at me. Thanks either way.
The engine torques and twists the frame so it pops the chain.
I guess thats whats doin it. Bill had mentioned that earlier in the thread.

Thunderbird no more

[/QUOTE]

That right there is awesome Tom!! Doesnt even look like a thunderbird any more! Be waiting for this one to see some paint!!:thumbsup: Got a name for her yet?

buckeye

Thanks jdogg. That means a lot from someone as talented as yourself.
Do it smoke. Hell, make it a choppabobba three wheeler.
Name, I haven't named a mini bike befor.
Right now pita, pain in the arse.

Last edited:
LOOKS GOOD BUCKEYE:thumbsup: MAY JUST BE ME BUT THE SEAT WOULD LOOK BETTER IF YOU GOT IT MORE LEVEL.JUST MY OPINION.OR MAYBE ONE LIKE A OLD BICYCLE SEAT WITH THE TWO SMALL SPRINGS ON THE BACK OF IT.NOT KNOCKIN; IT WHATSOEVER. IT LOOKS GREAT. JUST A THOUGHT.

buckeye

Oh, the seat is just sittin there. I am getting a bracket welded on to change the look. Gettin rid of the springs. Either a bobber sprung solo seat or just use what I have and attach it to the new bracket.
It really rides so much better than original. At least in my pea brain.
Thanks for the encouraging words.
Off to my second favorite place. The beach.