tire change

Guys how in the hell did you get your newer tires on the stock rim.:shrug: i must not have something i need.. tried to use a little soap. and some random tools. no luck at all..:shrug: ant info on this would be great..

cncd11

Yes the tire size would be good to let us know if you got the right tires. But i like using armorall to install my tires and i bought some cheap tire irons at harbor freight. makes it alot easier. here is a link to their web site for the tire irons. 24" General Purpose Tire Iron

It's not easy but it's possible to do it yourself, I use a vice and clamp the axle through the wheel and in the wood covers for the jaws then tighten it. I then go to work with irons I have from a Honda tool kit. Not too sure where they are since my brother did his Yerfdog tires but they are similar to the HF ones which work fine. There are tricks including soaping and slamming the tire over the first hurdle although I've found some manipulating by force works fine, then grab as much of the second side you can before using the irons. Once you're there it's a matter of holding what you have on one side and gaining what you can on the other. Once you get it you'll always be able to do it so it's worth the effort.:thumbsup:

Big Jim

Tire Spoons, for the done it myself, takes some doing, the bead needs to drop down towards the center of the wheel to clear the wheel rim.
I take my "larger" atv types 22-11-8 to Big-O, must be a High Plains Drifter thing, but, it's always "No Charge".... new valve stem included

I actually mounted tires on both my doodle bug rims this weekend, Not super easy but once you figure it out, not too hard to either. I applied some dish soap and water to the tire and man hands to work the tire on the rim. I used a screw driver to pry the tire over the wheel. Once both sides are on I put a rachet style tie down around the center of the tire to push the rubber towards the bead, and also this forces the bead to seat when you put air in the valve. Watch your fingers!!! I am pretty sure that loud popping sound I heard when the beads seat, could do some serious damage to a finger if cought in there.

Gotta say that this is the biggest pain in the:censure:Almost put a flathead in my chest.. gonna try a different compound, way to stiff.. Btw if you racers want the sticky back on your slicks put some lacquer on on rag wipe them down.:thumbsup: Some of you already know this i am sure, thought i would put it up anyway..It works great..

Last edited:
Just changed the tires on my doodle bug tires, I cheated and warmed the tires up a little with a heat gun and made for an easy install

Tires

Thought about that earlier,wife finds out i put a tire in the oven for a bake, i would get the same response about using house towels as rags..:thumbsup: