Tire size question.

Hi,
First post and first question.
I ordered some new tires and received them today.
The size is 4.10/3.50-6
The new Carlisles only show 4.10-6 and are considerably narrower than my original tires. Which are the original Goodyear tires that are probably from the early 70's.
Should I return the skinny Carlisles and find the correct width?
Thx,
Andy

I was just in a tire jam to man I got a 6" lomart rim an wanted to keep the same ride height i would probably return the tire for the right ones if they have them the ones you have will probably work as long as the tire is the same size as the rim if you have a 6" rim a 6" tire should work width don't matter that much on an inch or 2 welcome to the club:thumbsup:

markus

Hi,
First post and first question.
I ordered some new tires and received them today.
The size is 4.10/3.50-6
The new Carlisles only show 4.10-6 and are considerably narrower than my original tires. Which are the original Goodyear tires that are probably from the early 70's.
Should I return the skinny Carlisles and find the correct width?
Thx,
Andy

Tire sizes (even with the same numbers) seem to vary a little from different manufacturers. You would even probably notice a difference if you put that brand new carlisle next to a 40 old NOS carlisle with the same tread pattern.

I'm having a similar problem finding wide-enough tires for my 4" wheels. I've had to wander away from the standard "mini bike" tires. For me it's come down to turf tires. Kenda K372 Turf Max are 9" dia. and 3.7" wide. Carlisle also has their Turf Saver at close to the same dimension but with a little more of a square shoulder.

If your using 5" or 6" wheels you may want to look at the Carlisle and Kenda sites. Another alternative may be to look a Dunlop go kart rain tires. Go to Reinken's racing site for a quick reference on the Dunlop sizes.

trinik7597

what condition are your good years in what tread pattern ? you got a pic ? is one better than the other ? i might be interested if you have one good one and tread matches :thumbsup:

I'm returning the skinny Carlisles on Monday.
Just don't look right.
Once I get the tires I want then maybe I'll let the goodyears go.
I'll post pics as well.
Found some better tire options.
Next week the frame and rims are going in for sandblasting.

Thx,
Andy

I'm looking at those 10.0x4.50-5 Dunlop gokart rain tires again thinking maybe I should have gone with 5" wheels. Love those tires! BTW, I spelled it wrong.........it's RIEKEN'S Racing has these on their site.

Winter project.

I'm in the Oak Creek area.
I'm taking my frame and rims in next week for sandblasting. Then gotta find a upholstery shop for the seat. Got a box of parts on Thurs and another box this coming Mon. I have a motor on it that I had laying around, but might just get a new Harbor Freight motor. The original Tecumseh is long gone.
Haven't rode it in 20+ years. A few guys at work are getting theirs up and running too. Have to find a mini bike meet this summer.
Andy.