Trail horse GTO???

mybiz

Trail Horse

There are two sets of NOS Trail Horse forks on ebay right now...
If you talking of the gold forks and the chrome forks. The seller has dozens of the gold ones and a few of the chrome ones. I bought my ez-rider from him and drove down to Tulsa OK and picked up my trail horse. He bought a lot of trail horse and mini micro bikes and parts at a estate sale. This summer he got very rich selling the parts on ebay.

I don't know the models? This one is marked GTO 880 on the tag. I just picked it up this week. But with the parts going so high it's getting dismantled. The sprung set on ebay are mine. I don't know if there the same as the one you got or not?

mybiz

I don't know the models? This one is marked GTO 880 on the tag. I just picked it up this week. But with the parts going so high it's getting dismantled. The sprung set on ebay are mine. I don't know if there the same as the one you got or not?
What are you going to do with the jackshaft set up ?

What are you going to do with the jackshaft set up ?
It's a 2 speed. I'll probably hang on to it. Your the 3rd person to ask since I uploaded the photo to my pics, so to be fair, if I sell it I would put it on ebay and let those interested know I listed it.

mybiz

Sounds good I'm needing a 2-speed jackshaft and rims for my ez-rider. And If I could ever find a original sissy bar and clutch cover I would have every thing needed for it. I have found a sissy bar but he wants $200 for it. He told me he would throw in the frame and forks if i buy the sissy bar.

Rest of Trail Horse brochure and 1969 spec sheet. They also sold mini bikes under their "Trail Blazer" and "E Z Rider" brands. General Appliance Manufacturing expanded their plant in the late 60s to meet demand. When they received a very large order from Montgomery Wards, they went into overtime production to fill the order. After the order was ready to ship, Wards informed them they wanted delivery spread out over 2 years. They went into bankruptcy. The bankruptcy also wrecked some local tool and die companies which were fabricating sub-assemblies, such as jackshafts, for them. Arctic Cat bought out the company in aprox 1971, and continued making "Lawn Lion" and "Bonanza" riding mowers as General Leisure Products division of Arctic Enterprises. They also continued making 3 wheelers, and moved their wheeled goods division to the plant, to make their Arctic Cat mini bikes and Kitty Cat snowmobiles. They closed this division when the mini bike market dropped off, but continued to sell parts for the General Leisure lines though General Parts Co. The plant was sold to Sensation Manfacturing, who operated it until they were bought out by Gilson. I am not sure if Sensation made their mini bikes in this same plant. General Appliance supplied mini bikes to several other retailers to sell under thier own trade names (Such as Ardans). I have spec sheets for 1970 and 1971 as well as some parts lists. A freind of mine worked in the General Appliance plant, and another worked ther when Artic Cat operated it. This is the only sales brochure I have for their mini bikes.