trailhopper for sale!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a suzuki trailhopper a while back with the intentions of restoring.
Unfortunatly I need to sell. It is a 71 it runs great starts right up first or second kick...It would be a great one to restore if someone is looking. Everything is there the fenders are completly straight (no dents at all) the taillight is completly straight with lens..both side covers or in perfect shape. plastic looks good, front headlight is in perfect shape..everything is there it just needs someone to clean it up a little bit..The only thing that is not stock is the seat has been recovered..The onlything that is broken is the ball end of a brake lever..The tires are shot..they hold air..
The price is 500.00
I am located in seattle
Will ship if buyer pays for shipping.
Thanks Dan

I have had the minibike for a while. It was sitting in a friend of the families garage after his kids road it when they were little..Im a six poster just because I just found this site. I had every intention of restoring it to its former glory..My name traderguy has to do what I do for a living..Im a stock trader have been doing it for thirty years..I will gladly post some pictures today when I get time or send some to anyone who is interested. Thanks for the comments when you have no idea who i am..I was thinking maybe someone on here wanted a chance at it before I posted it on ebay or craigslist...I guess I was wrong..Thanks anyway Dan

I dont understand what the problem is..cry me a river? Im not crying about anything. I thought I was doing the right thing posting it on here..I stated were im located and a price.. I appreciate constuctive criticism on the price and such but I dont understant why the hostilaty. I thought this was a forum for minibike fans. I appreciate the responses I recieved on getting the bike running when I didnt know were to start. I will post somewere else..Thanks Dan

EDIT due to skirt being too short.
There are you happy? post some pictures so you can sell it. oh, and GOOD LUCK.

Last edited:
Hey Dan sometimes the guys can be a bit abrupt but in their defense, we have seen similar posts way too many times. The MO is a guy joins and shows pics of a really cool MB that they are 1st or 2nd owners and they want to know more about. They are excited to find this site and such. Then a few days later comes the "whoa is me" I am forced to sell and this is what I want. Then we never hear again from the member. If yours was the first thread like that we'd ever seen, you would have been welcomed.

Now I am not saying you fall into this category but you can see the similarities. Also, the price of this hobby has skyrocketed because of search and destroy individuals buying up nice old minis and chopping them or asking exorbitant Ebay prices. That becomes self-perpetuating because all anyone sees is the asking price and not what it actually sells for. Throw in the "Punk Stars" and their "Only one in the world" Lil' Indian and everyone not in this club thinks they are sitting on a gold mine. Unfortunately the rest of us gets the shaft.

Good luck on your sale and hope to see you on this site for a long time.

Fred

Thanks superflea.I by no means wanted to offend anyone or am trying to make a quick buck. I really have no idea what its worth or what someone would buy it for. I didnt want to ask the usual question " whats it worth"
I just have other interest and would like to see it go to someone who appreciates minibikes.. I do have a old honda scooter that I am constantly working on so I will stay looking at this sight. Its really helpful and I do get a lot of info even thou I dont post much..I will post pix as soon as I get some.
Thanks Dan

Thanks superflea.I by no means wanted to offend anyone or am trying to make a quick buck. I really have no idea what its worth or what someone would buy it for. I didnt want to ask the usual question " whats it worth"
I just have other interest and would like to see it go to someone who appreciates minibikes.. I do have a old honda scooter that I am constantly working on so I will stay looking at this sight. Its really helpful and I do get a lot of info even thou I dont post much..I will post pix as soon as I get some.
Thanks Dan
Man this is a FREE country.... If you want to buy and sell a thousand bikes, do so. Some people just need to keep their nose in their own shit. No one on here knows your situation, nor should you explain it to them . Maybe he really needs the money. Maybe minis are are not for him. This hobby is NOT for everyone. Everybody wants to be the OldMiniBikes police. I hope you sell the bike Traderguy.

TIM

Last edited:
Man this is a FREE country.... If you want to buy and sell a thousand bikes, do so. Some people just need to keep their nose in their own shit. No one on here knows your situation, nor should you explain it to them . Maybe he really needs the money. Maybe minis are just not for him. Its NOT for everybody. Everybody wants to be the OldMiniBikes police. I hope you sell the bike Traderguy. Sorry minis weren't for you.

TIM
Problem is he is posting on a private forum not free. Also we do not want people to come sell there stuff and leave because then you have issues with john doe stole my money help me get it back.

It is hent's site and if he post rules and they are not followed then why should we not enforce them.

Hey Dan sometimes the guys can be a bit abrupt but in their defense, we have seen similar posts way too many times. The MO is a guy joins and shows pics of a really cool MB that they are 1st or 2nd owners and they want to know more about. They are excited to find this site and such. Then a few days later comes the "whoa is me" I am forced to sell and this is what I want. Then we never hear again from the member. If yours was the first thread like that we'd ever seen, you would have been welcomed.

Now I am not saying you fall into this category but you can see the similarities. Also, the price of this hobby has skyrocketed because of search and destroy individuals buying up nice old minis and chopping them or asking exorbitant Ebay prices. That becomes self-perpetuating because all anyone sees is the asking price and not what it actually sells for. Throw in the "Punk Stars" and their "Only one in the world" Lil' Indian and everyone not in this club thinks they are sitting on a gold mine. Unfortunately the rest of us gets the shaft.

Good luck on your sale and hope to see you on this site for a long time.

Fred

Well said Fred !:thumbsup:

Man this is a FREE country.... If you want to buy and sell a thousand bikes, do so. Some people just need to keep their nose in their own shit. No one on here knows your situation, nor should you explain it to them . Maybe he really needs the money. Maybe minis are are not for him. This hobby is NOT for everyone. Everybody wants to be the OldMiniBikes police. I hope you sell the bike Traderguy.

TIM
Tim I see your point too, but you have to admit what Superflea said is true. It has been happening alot lately, with guys coming on here just to find out what they have and how rare is it, just to wind up on Ebay next week for lots of $$$$$$$$. The same bikes I used to buy 2 years ago, have doubled and trippled in price , because people are starting to see them sell on Ebay or Craigslist, ect....
Ten years ago you could actually buy an old muscle car at an affordable price, but since the Barrett Jackson Auctions came on TV...Forget about it.Now every old car is suddenly worth $50,000. :scared:

george3

Why don't Hent make it so only contributing members can post mini bikes for sale. others can buy buy not avab. to sell, prob. solved.

Why don't Hent make it so only contributing members can post mini bikes for sale. others can buy buy not avab. to sell, prob. solved.
Many forums I am on require X amount of time, and/or x amount of posts to sell. As long as the new people don't spam to raise their post count itr seems to help.

You guys are MOSTLY right but this guy didn't ask for any advice or value!
He said 5 bills and if no one wants it then so be it!

Values and cost on everything goes up, what we all used to buy cheaply is no longer the case.
Ebay and CL made sure of that, but as everyone says, it's worth what you will pay.
Not worth it then don't buy it.

I see more of an issue with folks signing up and asking the same question 50 times where there are already threads that solved the issue every month for the last 3 years. Hey, how do you remove a flywheel by the way???
Search the threads, they are the wisdom of the creators!!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I see more of an issue with folks signing up and asking the same question 50 times where there are already threads that solved the issue every month for the last 3 years. Hey, how do you remove a flywheel by the way???
Search the threads, they are the wisdom of the creators!!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Im with you on that one J. But the problem is, no matter how nice you are telling them to search, or it's already been discussed, you get bashed because you aren't 'helping or welcoming' that new member. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Isn't this a classified section to sell bikes ? Why keep giving every new guy a hard time about selling bikes. The more new ads the better. If you don't like the price don't respond. Wait, maybe they will come down. Some people who are not into minibikes find them and want to sell. They find this site and post them up. I think it's great. Pm the guy and make an offer instead of busting balls. It's getting old. Beats fighting the big spenders on eBay. I haven't seen a bike that has interested me in a while so I need see all the ads I can.

But gotta post a good ad!
No pictures just sucks! or picts that are such low resolution that it could be your dog or wife or bike?

Hell, I don't know what a Trailbunny looks like!

I welcome all ads for minibikes for sale, yeah I've commented on some but that's the nature of a forum. At least I don't run em off right away, hell I might miss a chance for a good deal. We can keep reminding em to post pics or a price, hell EZ aint here so someone has to. Some good points and some hypocrisy here, like most threads................

I welcome all ads for minibikes for sale, yeah I've commented on some but that's the nature of a forum. At least I don't run em off right away, hell I might miss a chance for a good deal. We can keep reminding em to post pics or a price, hell EZ aint here so someone has to. Some good points and some hypocrisy here, like most threads................
Probably EZ doing it just to pi$$ us off?

Ok..... I see everybodys point.:thumbsup: I'm with you teeks. Hell the more guys out there looking and aren't interested in them, is good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.