Tri sport

Sweet find! Looks pretty clean and complete. Are you the proud new owner?
Also, I hope there is a fork lift handy. Those trikes are not lite!

Shawn

Last edited:
Sure nice to see a great machine that was put away protected and not left out side in the elements. I can't ever understand why people abandon their vehicles that way.
Steve

wjustice

It has the wide sided body so I would guess a 74. Most you find don't have original engines. Will that spin over?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

wjustice

I believe alsports last year was 74. In 75 they were produced by Promark. Most all models were made in some form except the SL. Promark models came with white bodies instead of orange. What happened to the Kohler powered off-road RTS.

wjustice

You could replace it with the 13hp from Harbor Freight. People tended to let these sit outside uncovered. Water in the engines, the sun destroys the body's, etc. That front wheel you have looks in good shape, they are usually rusted beyond use. Mine had the carb missing and I found acorns inside the manifold. And yes the engine was frozen.

Yes they did make those in 4 stroke 14 & 16hp and pretty slow they were lol I know where there's a original one sitting with a 14hp on it...but I thought it was the Kohler. Just like wjustice said....it's sitting outside in the elements rusting & fading away....sad.

What happened to the 2 stroker in the first picture ?

Yes they did make those in 4 stroke 14 & 16hp and pretty slow they were lol I know where there's a original one sitting with a 14hp on it...but I thought it was the Kohler. Just like wjustice said....it's sitting outside in the elements rusting & fading away....sad.

What happened to the 2 stroker in the first picture ?
It really is sad that all of those cool vintage vehicles are being allowed to rust away to nothing when they can be preserved, enjoyed and shared.
I recently spoke to a guy who has a mother load of Tri-Sport fiberglass seat pans, fenders and 3 or 4 SL fuel tanks and he said that the guy he got them from had a bunch of complete Tri-Sport frames and cut them up for scrap! :scared: :doah:
That guy should get committed for being doing something so crazy and stupid!

Shawn

Last edited:
This Tecumseh has hh140 on blower housing. 14 hp? I think have engine loose now. Front tire and one back tire have good cracks in them. Guy got it from says it rips pretty good