Tristar wheel problem

I ordered the rolling chassis, it came with Tristar wheels. I carefully put them together with the tube and tire and they wobble so bad that the brake grabs the shoes on the rear in places. Both wheels don't roller anywhere near true. What am I doing wrong? :crying:
The kit didn't come with the step out bracket for the drum, as I understand it I shouldn't need one. These wobble so bad I am not sure it would make a difference.

I doubt that you are doing anything wrong in assembly. It has been my experience (and many others on this forum) that many Azusa "Tri-Star" wheels wobble- some (much) worse that others. I know, it should not be this way, however, the reality is that they do. Yes, some on this forum have been successful in correcting the wobble to an "acceptable" tolerance, but still not that great. You can read previous threads and try some of those techniques. As a comparison, we have had 2 Sears Roper bikes with 46 year old wheels that run absolutely true, both up/down and side-to-side, w/o any wobble whatsoever! In addition to the braking problems you have described, you will likely have rear sprocket wobble problems as well. Have you tried installing the rear sprocket and checking the wobble yet?
Good luck,
Michael

The sprocket will most likely be way outta whack , mount it on wheel , install wheel on bike and get out your rubber mallet and beat it true !