TRK's tricycle thing

So I decided to get this thing going again.. :hammer:

I finally found another REO engine so it could be built like it belongs (after selling the other engine two years ago) :doah:

Come to find out, I've robbed parts from it, There wasn't a perfect length belt laying around anywhere.. :glare:

I had the engine on and running around a little but it was start and go, no clutch.. THEN with the correct seat on the bike, it's a REAL bitch to wrap the rope on the motor.. I ended up going crazy and nearly killing it the first couple days of reassembly... :angry:

So..... I finally decided that I really didn't like the idea of burning up a REO engine just to ride around.. The hand clutch system was cool, but not as practical and user friendly as a centerfugal clutch... I plan on using the thing and want it dependable and simple... I finally caved, and went with the Side Pooper that I built for the Powerdyne chopper.. :hammer:

I had to BUILD a damn sprocket.. Divots ground into a pulley, with a sprocket bolted to that.. :doah:

For the first day, the left side of the jack shaft ( mount and pillow block bearing with spacers) were all clamped to the bike with C-clamps.. :doah:

Gas tank just dangling off from a seat bolt..

I had no eleven feet long cables so I robbed the throttle cable and system from the Hurcules.. THEN added another cable to the end via my home made cable adjuster adapter thing (works GREAT!! ) Two cables, 3 sleeves, nine hundred little fittings and stuff.. But all good..

All in all.. After getting it squared away for the most part.. I am really starting to like it.. I have probably 50 miles on it already and have had no real issues.. I lost a muffler last night :doah: and I have broken the 8 inch long bicycle chain a couple times.. :glare: The pedals go back to a 3 speed bicycle hub, with no wheel or spokes, with a sprocket welded on, then that goes back to the bicycle drive wheel..

That all works fantastic.. HOWEVER... The 3 speed rear end is ALSO a coaster brake unit.. So if ya try to use the coaster brake, the combination of THIN thin sprockets, rusty old bicycle chain, and slop in all of the pieces as a system... When the hub locks up, it is like a quick snapping action that takes the chain out.. :doah:
No big deal as there is a 3.5 horse Tecumseh pedaling on the other side..
SO... I am gonna take the 3 speed hub apart and remove the brake shoes.. Eventually.. :laugh:

But overall it's great..

This what it was the other day... I have added a 37 gallon gas tank, different muffler.. But this about where we are right now...

That sounds difficult.. :laugh:

I've considered trying to make a helmet cam mount thing for my camera.. It'll do video.. Not sure how great it would come out.. :shrug: I know it's always darks as hell inside.. :glare:

cool cool. you know those coaster brakes are sort of adjustable. it probrobly just needs a cleaning and proper assembly. they lock up if theyre out of whack

video of YOU riding it, not video on your head of your view :laugh:

put the camera down, hit record and let 'er rip!

Oh.. are we doing that still? :laugh: The hell of it is.. No matter how it goes, ya gotta HOLD the button down for video.. :facepalm:

where ya gonna mount a 37 gallon gas tank??? :doah:
Oh.. It's probably not QUITE 37.. I'll bet it's close to 2 though.. :laugh: It's from an old ass Wisconsin motor. I don't wanna have to stop for gas every 500 miles.. :glare:

It's under the seat..