Trouble with vericose veins

WrenchDad

Hey any body have trouble with varicose veins and or spider veins? Not just how they look but I mean trouble--swelling, pain, hardening, redness, lesions. They are common in the arms and legs (legs tend to have more problems because they are farther from the heart). They can be caused by numerous things but mostly Hereditary and tend to show up as you get older. I've had them for about twenty years (some spider veins in the feet longer) But just started having trouble this year. With modern technology there are some really good ways to treat them with minimal down time. Just had a procedure done today and could have returned back to work (shift was over by the time I was done) but I'll be going tomorrow just like usual.

buckeye

When I worked for Plastic Surgeons, I did saline injections for them.
Then I went to a course on using a Helium Neon laser.
That worked much better.
That was a long time ago so I am sure technology has changed.

Glad you didn't have any issues. Hopefully they stay away for ya.

WrenchDad

When I worked for Plastic Surgeons, I did saline injections for them.
Then I went to a course on using a Helium Neon laser.
That worked much better.
That was a long time ago so I am sure technology has changed.

Glad you didn't have any issues. Hopefully they stay away for ya.
I was having pooling of blood and superficial bloodclots in the superficial veins (not cardio dangerous) They did endovenious laser ablation surgery.
They use a radio frequency laser in a catheter through a small insision into the vein to shrink and seal the faulty valve. They made 4 I.V. size holes with a local anstesia starting at the ankle and working up to the groin. It was vertually painless and only took 1/2 hour. I walked out and even after the local wore off I felt fine. Today I have a little swelling (from the liquid the put in during the procedure) and some small bruising (just like an I.V.) As far as discomfort or down time I would recomend that any one who has issues look into it and discuss with your doctor.

WrenchDad

Glad it worked out for you. Hopeful for your continued recovery. High Tech stuff right there.
I couldnt believe how simple and easy it was, My sister had veins stripped a few years ago and she was miserable for week's. I returned to normal activity that day. I have to wear a compression sock, walk 20 minutes twice a day and put my foot up 3 times a day for 5 to 10 minutes that's it.
(no prolonged sitting) but no pain,

fistfullabar

"Helium neon laser" and "Radio frequency laser" sounds very high tec. Ever heard of Dr. Raymond Royal Rife and his ultra micproscope? Check it out.