"Twisted" Mini Bike Build

Looks great:thumbsup: You can always put a little forward bend on the top portion of the bars. It looks like you have a good degree on the fork neck. I think I always use 30 degrees, can't remember:laugh:

What if the downtubes were lower on the neck tube? Seems like that would make a stronger triangle, not that there will be any problem at all with that 1" tube. It would look better to me... just my opinion... its looks sharp as it is. :thumbsup:

Its more an aesthetic move than mechanical necessity.

The handlebars give it a clean, swept look without excessive bend. Its got a nice stance!

I had a similar problem with my last design and ended up moving the seat back as a solution. With the amount of rake you have on there now, your steering radius is going to be limited but like someone else mentioned, it is a matter of looks/appeal over function- just need to determine what you want out of this bike and what you intend to do with it. For a drag setup, I think you're good as is. I like the design. :thumbsup:

WrenchDad

Where are you putting your foot pegs? On the down tubes or on the bottom rail. If your taller and sitting near the back with your legs streched forward I think the angle of the bars are fine. If your sitting more centered with your legs verticle, I think the angle is a little steep and low (seems like your arms would be in an "_l " shape instead of a little streched/bent). I guess it depends on what level of comfort you want. As far as style It looks pretty cool.

Thanks guys for the comments. :bowdown: and I appreciate all of them. :thumbsup: I've been giving it alot of thought, and we'll see what happens

Last edited:
Help !!! I need some help on trying to find a rear wheel and tire combination. :confused: Is there anyone who could photo shop/crop or paste me a wheel/tire on the rear please ? I'm thinking I need to cut the front forks down a bit, but with out a wheel/tire on the rear ...I don't know ! :eek:ut:

Front is a 12" wheel and tire, stands about 15" tall all together.

Last edited:
Well...Its been awhile since I've been on this thread ! My son decided to drag this frame out and finish the build. So he widen the rear and put one of his kart wheels and tire on it ...mounted the Predator and throwed a used seat on it. He is getting close to his first ride now.

Last edited: