urgent help needed on my engine. it got rained on!!!

it wont start. it started on first pull but only for like 3 second and never started agiain. it will cost $60 to fix it at lawnmower shop. how can i fix it? btw, im 12

ok if you got water in the carb drain it then if you had no air cleaner on it then you have to clean the carb (no big deal) you prob got the points or the ignition system wet just let it dry put it somwere DRY dont leave it outside and make sure it is getting spark and just drain the gas anyways it helps and put new in and put some in the carb itself and then start it should run fine also if you want to clean the plug it wont cost you 60 bucks it will be a few minute fix no biggie

mybiz

Got a air compressor ?? If so give it a good blow drying. Or shoot a shot of starting fluid in the throat of the carb if it goes to running but starts to die give it a very small shot of fluid. You might have to keep feeding small shots of fluid to keep it running. If it doesn't want to run by its self after a minute or less you got a lot of water in the tank. Or the points are wet usually if you can get it to run with a little help from starting fluid it will dry its self out from the heat of the motor.:confused: me to

Like they said, let it dry off. But you can check for spark first by pulling the plug and connect it to the wire. Place the plug onto the head bolt to make ground. Then pull the rope. If you have spark then it's a fuel problem and you should drain the tank and put in fresh gas. If you don't have spark then it's an ignition problem and you may be able to let it dry out overnight. Otherwise you may have to pull the flywheel to clean the points.