VINTAGE Racing Go Karts

I got ahold of Robron about his seat pads, wanted 285.00 for the set. I thought that seemed kinda high. anyone know a cheaper source, my karts not nice enough to spend that much.
I'm in the same boat, but from exhaustive looking I can tell you that's a fair price for a new-made set of Rupp pads. It'll cost that much (or damn close to it) to have a shop make you a set and with Rob's you know they'll fit. Every now and then a set of used ones will pop up but they still go for a decent price. You can keep an eye on the 'for sale" pages at the various Vintage kart sites but Rupp pads don't show up often and when they do they go quickly.

I just bought a new seat pad for my bug stinger for $146 so thats kinda the price range I was looking for. Im on all the vintage kart sites, one guy said he would make me one for 150 but I could never pin him down for the address to send the money.

Here's one I just finished,,I updated the wheels & engine to "moderize" it a bit. It's a 1960 Bug Engineering consession kart used at amusement parks back in the '60's. I bet it's had a pretty hard life till now!
Not exactly a racing kart,,but she's pretty quick for 52 years old!

Man ,some great pics on Black Dogs site. I'de love to have a turbonique kart, if for anything, just to hang on the wall. I cant believe they used the stock drum brake to stop.

Yes,,that's the seat. It doesn't slide over seat back because of the "grab" bar on the kart. I have a gal lined up to make one from scratch over winter that will snap on frame like the original. And Thanks for the compliments:thumbsup:
Thanks, I think thats what Im going to use on my rupp.

Dave,
That is a Fox Kart with the broken front axle.

Fat Jack had nothing to do with any of the tires that Gus is reproducing no matter what Jack tells you!

That is a reproduction of Gus's original kit kart that he built 40 years ago, it is not his original kart. He did make some changes to the kart from it's original configuration.

Louie Figone