Wanted - Lil' Indian Caliper

I have two 60's Lil Indians under restoration at this time. One came with its original caliper while the other was missing. Luckily, I happened to find one on ebay. Interestingly enough, it was advertised as being from a Speedway bike. When it arrived I was thrilled to find that it was "exactly" like the original Lil Indian caliper on my first bike. You're right, the bolt spacing is 1". If I could offer any advice, it would be to look for a Speedway caliper as well as a Lil Indian. Hope this helps.

All the best, Yat

I just ordered one recently from Bob in upstate NY for my lil indian 71 saber project. He claims to have thousands of parts for Lil Indian and other brands. I paid 85.00 for it. his number is 315-689-7047 or mbman@juno.com. He was very helpful. Whn I installed it - needed to use some extra spacers on the bolts to keep it leve- the extra pint on the frame caused the caliber to slightly out of alignment to the sprocket. Hope this helps.

I am looking for in good condition the handle bars and hardware for them if anyone has some out there.

Will post my MB pix soon. Thanks, Bill1

thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

I just ordered one recently from Bob in upstate NY for my lil indian 71 saber project. He claims to have thousands of parts for Lil Indian and other brands. I paid 85.00 for it. his number is 315-689-7047 or mbman@juno.com. He was very helpful. Whn I installed it - needed to use some extra spacers on the bolts to keep it leve- the extra pint on the frame caused the caliber to slightly out of alignment to the sprocket. Hope this helps.

I am looking for in good condition the handle bars and hardware for them if anyone has some out there.

Will post my MB pix soon. Thanks, Bill1

just checked out the one you mentioned from Ebay- Dont let someone out bid you. These are getting very rare and its works like a dream. You will need a 59 1/2 "brake cable with spring and tensioner. Easy to find on the net. I just picked up the orginal brake lever (cherry) and it too has a fine cable adjustment.

Now if i can find some good condition Handle bars with hardware for my 71 saber- I will be done. if you all can ask around that would be fantastic. Bill1