Well I'm done with the car but it wasn't the one I started on

I was able to buy a car from a friends family that passed 3 years ago haven't end much MiniBike restos so nice than .
Gonna get back to my three wheeler and hope that have it done for the Windber show next year .
Here's a few of the 48 Chevy I call Suburbillac
It's got a 500" caddie in it .
Well got to get workin enjoy if I can figure out how to post pic
Frank.

48 was a nice year, I have a fleetline that is sitting in line right now. Far too many other projects that are in better shape keep popping up in front of it.

Frank,
I'd love to see pics of the '48 Chevy. I assume it's a Suburban body. I have a friend with a '52 Suburban, subframed with a SBC and 700-R4. It's his shop truck. He also occasionally pulls an Airstream trailer with it.

The 500 cu in Cadillac has got lots of torque, and more than adequate power.

Jack

Neo,
I dig the Fleetline body style. Nice smooth fastback lines.
I love it too but I'm afraid it might be too far gone for this shadetree to bring it back. Last time it was on the road was late 60s/early 70s and grandpa parked it, sit it on blocks, and sold all the original drivetrain. Even sitting under an open sided shed most of the floorpan has rusted away over the years. Not a popular enough model they repop those parts and above the level of tools I own to recreate entire floor pans.

I love it too but I'm afraid it might be too far gone for this shadetree to bring it back. Last time it was on the road was late 60s/early 70s and grandpa parked it, sit it on blocks, and sold all the original drivetrain. Even sitting under an open sided shed most of the floorpan has rusted away over the years. Not a popular enough model they repop those parts and above the level of tools I own to recreate entire floor pans.
From the description of it, it sounds pretty rough and incomplete...that's too bad. It certainly sounds like an ambitious project. I guess they probably repop more parts for the '49-'52 Chevys. I guess I could understand the attachment being that the car has been in the family. They do make great Hot Rods and customs. There's one I see at the local cruise-in. I'm not sure if it's a Chevy or an Olds. It has the '48 Olds grille in it.

I tried to post a pic
Always had a hard time If someone can do it I would appreciate it
Frank
Personally I find it easier to create a photobucket account and load the pictures there. You can then copy and paste the IMG code

here.Tutorial: Step-by-step guide how to use PhotoBucket « How-To Geek Forums

From the description of it, it sounds pretty rough and incomplete...that's too bad. It certainly sounds like an ambitious project. I guess they probably repop more parts for the '49-'52 Chevys. I guess I could understand the attachment being that the car has been in the family. They do make great Hot Rods and customs. There's one I see at the local cruise-in. I'm not sure if it's a Chevy or an Olds. It has the '48 Olds grille in it.
What hasn't been eaten by the rust worm is all there, just missing the engine and trans. Being a die hard hot rodder it's stuff I would have swapped out anyways. He parked it for a 4 door 1950 buick that (I also have) and it is all completely there down to the 6 volt positive ground straight 8 engine. He drove that boat till the early 80s and parked it when the fuel pump went out and couldn't find one. Even being a 4 door that is higher on my list of restoring, I can actually remember riding in that car back in the 80s when I was tiny. He also had a 1962 chevy pickup I learned to shift a column shifter in standing on the trans tunnel going down the road. He was a funny coot and never got rid of anything he drove. He would get something newer and go build a pole barn to park the old one under on the back 40. Only had 2 grand kids and I'm the car nut so I ended up with them all.