Went to fill up the E55 tonight and holy hahahaha

Never seen them this high. Paid $4.799 a gallon for 91.:censure:

I won't be surprised if it hits $5.00 a gallon for 91 by the end of the weekend. It figures since I have to drive to down Monterrey for a wedding on Sunday.

Bobscooters

haven't priced the supreme but our regular is running $3.40 a gallon north of Atanta, if I had to pay $4.80 a gallon I have to just ride a minibike or my chinascooter

65ShelbyClone

We're paying record prices because CA is so screwed-up. Prices have actually fallen in most other parts of the U.S.

I got regular for $4.259/gal yesterday at Pilot was and wasn't happy about it, but now it's $4.399. Looks like I may be tapping into my reserve of toy fuel to postpone buying at the current prices. :censure:

I read that the disruptions are expected to settle down by the end of this month. We'll see. Personally, I think price manipulation is a big factor. Refinery maintenance, fires, and shutdowns always seem to happen on the falling edge of elevated summer prices, if not during the actual peak. :censure:

The USa has a stratigic reserve of crude oil.

Large one too, enough to meet an Emergency.
But US oil consumption is declining.

A look across the pond and the countries of the EU also have a stratigic reserve but all of them also have an emergency stash of refined products that the USA lacks.
If you think back to Katrina all those nice Eroupean people opened their refined reserves to help the USA.

From this one concludes they USA should have its own reserve.

This would dampen the markets paranoid response to storms and reduce the need to sit on as much crude.

We have no reserve crude or refined in Canada.
Because we are stupid....

65ShelbyClone

A look across the pond and the countries of the EU also have a stratigic reserve but all of them also have an emergency stash of refined products that the USA lacks.
The news outlets have been reporting that CA's reserves were already at a 10-year low when this situation started back in August. I don't know if that's just crude reserves or petroleum in general. They have also been saying that production in this state just meets demand when operating at full capacity. :scared:

The news outlets have been reporting that CA's reserves were already at a 10-year low when this situation started back in August. I don't know if that's just crude reserves or petroleum in general. They have also been saying that production in this state just meets demand when operating at full capacity. :scared:
There's a lot of Bullshit out there....

Good exmaple was Keystone XL.
Bring Canadian crude to the USA for refining and Enerfy independents.
Well actualy its bring the oil to a special tax free export zone for refining and export.

Now the USA EXPORTS refined oil products 65ShelbyClone.
You export a lot of them.
Your refining capacity exceeds your consumption and your consumption continues to decline ( small better cars since cash for clunker program ).

So where is all your gasoline going?
Simple:
Markets that pay better.

So why are prices higher in some places ( good question )
Some places require specific fuels ( CARB regulations ect ).
In some cases the margin is simply better to refine say diesel that exceeds 100ppm or Sulpher and sell that in another country.
Why would you sell a product in the USA just because its made there if you can sell it over seas and make more?

Thus a regional or national shortage can be created ( probably not by intention ) and prices sore untill suply once again meets demand.

Simple economics.
Capitalism works.....

Oh ya forgot about the quantitative easing too.
The US goverment prints money to trigger some inflation and prevent the real danger DEFLATION ( what has casused the economy of Japan to rot for over a decade. I mean why spebnd your money when things get cheaper the longer you wait and goods and services slash proces to try and encourage spending untill the economy goes into a funk )

ANY Ways.
QE injects cash into the economy.
This causes comodities to rise ( money flows into things of value like gold or oil, pork bellies and wheat ) and drives a little inflation not a bad thing,
Well on the down side it also devalues the US dollar.
So oil did not actualy go up so much as your dollar sunk lower....
Good news is your wages are closing the gap with China.
Soon you will be an even cheaper place to manufacture plastic widgets and rubber but plugs.....

Thats cruel though, and not actualy funny...
As your standard of living declines everyone elses must decline with it in the race to the bottom where the poorest have the most jobs.

Sounds crazy right?

Capitalism!!!!!!

Nope thats an insult....
Actualy what the problem is a mad world with the potential to produce enough of everything.
And this is bad becaus although it means there is the portential to feed fuel and cloth the world there is not enough of a shortage of resources and labour to drive the inflation and thefiat currency, and the productivity gains of winners and loosers....
Too much debts spending to compensate.....
Not enough redistribution of wealth and taxation....
Too much redistribution of wealth and nationalization....
Global warming, climat change and cooling all at the same time....
Dogs and cats living in peace....

Last but not least the Caramilk secrete has been lost.

Thus ends my great economic thesis.

65ShelbyClone

1.) There's a lot of Bullshit out there....

2.) Now the USA EXPORTS refined oil products 65ShelbyClone.
You export a lot of them.
Your refining capacity exceeds your consumption and your consumption continues to decline ( small better cars since cash for clunker program ).

3.) So where is all your gasoline going?
Simple:
Markets that pay better..
1.) That I know all too well, especially of the news industry. I didn't mean to imply that I believed what was being reported.
2.) Something I have long "known" even though nobody in the mainstream is willing to talk about it.
3.) Which is why we pay global market price for domestic oil.