We're all gonna DIE!!!!

buckeye

Folks have lost their friggin minds. As ya know I work in medicine. People are freakin out. What about my Lortab????:laugh:
Surgeries canceling, appts canceling, head for the hills. We are screwed!!!!!!!:laugh:

jrzmac

Folks have lost their friggin minds. As ya know I work in medicine. People are freakin out. What about my Lortab????:laugh:
Surgeries canceling, appts canceling, head for the hills. We are screwed!!!!!!!:laugh:
didn't they call for a manditory evacuation? are you even on the road yet? you better get going!!!! be safe and don't forget to get that Fox up off the ground! maybe put it on a couple of milk crates or something?

buckeye

This is turning out to be real funny. I have busted my arse for 2 days getting crap ready. I spent a little extra cash on some things we didn't have,ice,a 5 day cooler,not much.
Anyway the gov declares a manditory evac and now lifts it. DDDAAAAAHHHH
And it apears to be going into se La. We will still have 50 mph winds and up to 20 inches of rain but talk about crying wolf.
Hey, the bright side is I get the next 2 days off with pay!!!
All good so far in Lower Alabama. Believe it or not we are getting feeder bands already. Things will still get interesting tomorrow and Wed, but don't expect to lose anything important!
Thanks for ya'll's thoughts.

It's still freakin' raining here. :glare: The whole flippin' storm is in the Gulf now, but there's one band staying steady on the east coast of Florida. For the most part, it's been much ado about nothing...... I saw this this morning and it pretty well sums it all up....

buckeye

That's pretty funny right there.
The thing is, now when something really happens,folks wil take it lightly.
Watch for the next one around Sept7-9. One headed towards the Gulf again. Should be fun.

Yeah..... Those dates aren't going to work for me..... We're gonna need to go ahead and push that back about a week until the 14th so it can hit right after I get on the plane for Cali! :scooter:

gbabins1

It's still freakin' raining here. :glare: The whole flippin' storm is in the Gulf now, but there's one band staying steady on the east coast of Florida. For the most part, it's been much ado about nothing...... I saw this this morning and it pretty well sums it all up....

I was going to post the same picture...An old friend of mine posted that on FB. pretty damn funny :laugh::laugh:

Here's one from when it was rolling in last night around 5 or 6....

This is what MOST of the drive home from work looked like today.....

But the GOOD news is that Isaac gave my Lincoln a much needed bath! :thefinger:

buckeye

Good. It didn't sink. Couldn't float as heavy as that thing is.:thumbsup:
Well, the wind has picked up to 2 mph with gusts to 4. I had to put my wipers on the slowest intermittent. Sun is just getting covered. Man it's getting bad.:laugh:
In all seriousness,the outer bands are just arriving. The local mets are saying 10-12 foot storm sure and up to 24" of rain.

buckeye

Just went outside. Yeah,I'm up. Wind has oicked uo bigtime. I'm guess constant at about 20 with 30-40 mph gust. Had to put a couple things in the garage. still no rain and just balmy out. Weird.:shrug:
So it begins. Downhill from here.