West Bend Power Bee 580

Been wanting one of these for a while now, Its a little dirty and I haven't heard It run yet....but that's OK it does turn over and has good compression. My good friend and brother by another mother Eric (CarPlay) is sending me a gasket set so that I can clean it up and check It out. No suped up build here hopefully just a good running 580 with maybe a different exhaust and air filter system.
I have a special place for this engine !:rolleyes:

Glad to see you get this motor. I love 2 strokes, especially when I fire up my Lawn Boy mower with the F series engine and the neighbors close there doors :confused::laugh:

Glad to see you get this motor. I love 2 strokes, especially when I fire up my Lawn Boy mower with the F series engine and the neighbors close there doors :confused::laugh:
Thanks Nate, I hope its better than the Tec. 2 strokes...or maybe the one I had was just a problem child.

You'll have plenty of power with that West Bend:thumbsup:
Thanks Scott... I hope so .

Think those put out about 8 horsepower
I'm not for sure, I think the 5 port engines do produce more hp than the 3 ports.

Engine is completely tore down, the block is getting cleaned...and I'm happy to say everything looks real good ! :smile:
THANKS ERIC (CarPlay) for the complete gasket set for this engine...they look great !
Pics coming soon.

I ordered a new crankshaft today that has a 3/4" output shaft (clutch side) instead of the 9/16" shaft.
Was there any reason besides the PTO size you did this? Just wondering. The 9/16 clutch Jim Donovan sold me engages at higher RPM than the standard 4 cycle clutch he sells. Also contains a couple of fiber washers between the bronze bits.

We all wish these were 8 HP. LOL, not even close. 3 port is closer to 5. I find them tedious to keep tuned, and will be tossing that HL in the extra parts bin when it comes time to mess with it. Their finicky habits are well known.

Kinda early to be working on a build off bike isn't it? :001_tt2: