What belt is used here?

I picked up a very old comet torque converter today. It reads 20 on the driven clutch(not shown) and reads V-PLEX on the driver. I was wondering if anyone had any information on the exact width size of the belt. Thanks

As far as I know the Vplex clutch system came on MTD/columbia bikes and uses a 5/8 symmetric top width belt. If your driven says 20 on it, THAT IS NOT THE SERIES- 20 refers to the degrees of ramp/cam angle. Use the chart above and you should be able to identify which one you have. A TC88 driven is what you need to go with that driver, and all belts are still available. Hope this helps:thumbsup:

delray

here's is little more info on the v-plex adjustments.
MTD-COLUMBIA INFO
i had jay post it on minidoodle couple years ago for everyone to look at. it came with are new minibike in 1970. are columbia has a v-plex unit. also v-plex unit are no longer sold. you could try running a new comet belt? i think i would try getting a comet 20 driven unit? when ordering a new belt i believe you measure from center of the driven to the center of the driver.

The belt problem is now resolved, thanks. Now my next question is can I mount the driver with the set screws closest to the engine? It is opposite to the pictures I have seen. Thanks