What do you recommend?

mybiz

I've got over 10,000 projects :confused: We need to know what kind/type/what/what:confused:
Give us a clue what your looking to ACCOMPLISH:confused:

im assuming its your first. so i would just say do what most do, get a doddlebug and whatever you want for a motor and go from there. id go with a honda GX series. ive got a cloned gx160 myself with a few upgrades. love it

I kinda like the body style of the MTDs. I have a couple friends who have Doodlebugs, but I'm not a fan. What about engines? Like I said, kinda new to this. I don't know how big is too big, and how much bang I can get for my buck

mybiz

Hold on there nitro why dont you tell him how much a honda gx motor is going to cost him you can buy four HF 6.5hp what one honda going to cost you

Choosing projects

1. look at lots of pictures of minibikes that people on OldMiniBikes have restored or maodified to ride or show.
2. Decide if you want to ride or restore/show/ or both on a vintage mini, or maybe you'd like a brand new frame made to look like a Frijole on which you plan to put a Honda GX whatever. Here is where your budget starts to guide you.
3. Depending on budget, shop your local Craigslist, swapmeets, or garage sales trying to find a runner, a roller, or just a frame that you like that is the best buy. Cheapest isn't always the best buy if you can get a complete bike or even one that runs for less than $150 or $200, you could be riding in hours or days. Many people on OldMiniBikes grab a common vintage bike and do a paint, seat and running motor re-do so they can ride. If your mind is set on a Bonanza MX 1410 or Taco 100, then your search goes beyond what was already said. Those harder to locate items can be located through OldMiniBikes members, yet the budget starts upward. I bought a Taco 100 roller for $150 off E-bay, beating out others by driving right over. I put maybe $500 total into it to get a near original restoration. I've put a similar amount into a Bonanza mini chopper restoration (with re-chroming).