what dune cycle

The Dune Cycle were a fun machine but they were not very well built. They were light and cheaply built and that is in direct relation to their low survival numbers. The 5 HP Briggs powered machines were the big sellers. The company stuck to that sales leader too long and did not rebuild a new frame for bigger engines or quite some time. When they did it was a big improvement in ride ability but bigger machines like the Tri Sport RTS series fit the men who wanted performance and comfort for off road did not necessarily want a high powered track machine.
The price is to high for that machine and if You got it for $500.00 that would be fair enough. Steve :scooter:

Thanks for the replies guys. I've wanted one of these since I was a kid and now that I can afford it, I have no where to ride it. Since they hardly ever show up in Dallas I'll wait and see if he'll go $500 as even if I got one from egay for less, it would be close to 500 after shipping. Might as well get it and put it in the garage with the karts and minibikes.

Well after waiting 20 + years I finaly got a dune cycle. The guy took my 500 and I took the dune cycle. Like I Said it was more then I wanted to pay and not worth the price, but try finding one in Tx. It needs a little tuning, but I've been blasting up and down the street most of the day.

place to ride

On anouther site,buggynews.i read where people where riding by i-45 not far outa dallas.kinda private junkyard riverbottom kinda place,sounded fun.this was awile back.i also read about lotsa trails by shamrock past amarillo,yeah i know a ways away.