what is the best jackshaft for a vintage Bonanza

I am restoring a BC100 (1967?) Bonanza mini bike. It has no jack shaft. I would like to purchase the entire assembly on e-bay or? The distance between the two mounting plates is 8-1/4". The bearing hole size is 1-3/8".
Thanks for any help directing me to the correct item.

Steve,
Everything you will need (at very good prices!) to complete that jackshaft assembly can be purchased on this site. :thumbsup:Just click on the "OldMiniBikes.com" tab at the top of this page and start looking.
Michael

Tried that

I called them first to verify if I had found the best one for my needs. They offer a set that looks like it would be my best choice. I was told that I should come here and request members on this forum of what exact jackshaft would fit best for the Bonanza BC1000.
Steve.

markus

are you keeping the scrub brake assy on the bike? If you are you need to keep the sprockets within the frame. if you are installing a brake drum and ditching the stock scrub that they came with, you can run a longer jackshaft and center the motor etc..

Hi Markus,
I am keeping the scrub brake. I am now only to figure out just exactly what Jackshaft is the correct length. I think I can order one 1" wider than the outside of the bearings so I can keep it in by using locking colors on each side. I would prefer to buy the correct length based on the frame model or the distance between the two mounting plates. Apparently the exact one with the snap wring clevis no longer is made, or I just have not found it yet. I may buy the bearings first and measure the needed length of axel before ordering it.
The inside measurements between the two mounting plates is about 8-1/8".
After the bearings go in I can measure what the distance between the locking keepers should be, or add on enough shaft the add two locking colors if it is truly a discontinued part.
OldMiniBikes @ e-bay did clarify what bearings, sprockets, etc are used, however the correct axel length is still not clear and I do not want to do the item return thing.
I bought the frame, wheels, and front end alone. The guy who dismantled it lost everything else. I have found axels, spacers, kick stand, to go with the 6 HP engine I already owned. I have ordered all the other components on e-bay less the jack shaft.
Thanks for your help.

Mission accomplished. I found the correct part at OldMiniBikes.com . For some reason the exact length for mine is not on their e-bay site. Probably because it is rarely purchased. At any rate the OMBwarhouse.com had the correct axel along with everything else at a fair price.
Thanks to all.

I usually buy it in 36" lengths and cut what I need. I cut it a little over what I need and finish trimming in the lathe. Or if you are careful, a regular cut-off wheel works.