what is the biggest motor put in a DB30

It would take some serious frame modifications to get it to fit.

And really it would just make it a heavy wheelie machine. I'm running a 250cc 8hp briggs gross torque motor, and with a TAV that thing is tough to control.

I have seen people put 13HP motors in them. They seem to fit fine if you take off the gas tank, change the air cleaner assembly and re rout the exhaust. The question isnt always can it be done but should it be done :smile:

With the wheelbase being so short and all the weight on the rear tire you just end up doing wheelies at 1/4 throttle so its kinda pointless unless you extend the wheelbase :weld: It ends up reminding me of a Boss Hoss Boss Hoss Cycles : Product Specifications

Jordon

I think putting a 501 cubic inch, Aluminum V-8, 800HP Nascar Chevy engine is the largest engine available. You can ride it with one hand, the other hand can wave down a nearby firetruck for assistance. Really, a Mac 101 is the engine of choice to the common maniac. Please post pictures and have fun!

TT :detective:

13hp db30 frame

this db30 i modded to fit gx390 13hp it was a blast ,super fast with 60t rear sprocket and noram 17t clutch didnt wheelie geared to low but it did 60mph+ its for sale cheap!

Last edited:
I'd like to try one on my Baja Warrior, I think it's wheelbase is long enough and I weigh 275 pounds so I don't think its gonna flip me too easily.