What is this worth?

Not much considering anything of value is long gone off the bike. And I am sure someone will chime in with the fact that no values are given on the forum. But you being a member for 3 1/2 years...you probably already know that.

Six years of membership on my end, same occasional questions about value (doesn't bother ME, but just review the policy against it), same a-hole responses to newbies and veterans alike. The latter is why I'm no longer a paying member after being one for all those years. The negative vibe here is also why I hardly ever visit this forum anymore. Other bike forums aren't this way.

For those who feel the need to be creative with their responses, it's your right, but grow up and get over it. Just be polite and say...

"Sorry, it's against site policy to ask values"

See how easy that is to be respectful?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Six years of membership on my end, same occasional questions about value (doesn't bother ME, but just review the policy against it), same a-hole responses to newbies and veterans alike. The latter is why I'm no longer a paying member after being one for all those years. The negative vibe here is also why I hardly ever visit this forum anymore. Other bike forums aren't this way.

For those who feel the need to be creative with their responses, it's your right, but grow up and get over it. Just be polite and say...

I have to say that I agree with you. Everything has a value weather it's a $1.00 or thousands of dollars. The value as everyone knows is what someone is willing to pay. There are many reasons that someone may ask this question and there will be such a difference in opinions. If someone is new to mini bikes and are curious there is nothing wrong with that. Someone may be looking to buy, sell, trade or just curious to what they have. Growing up I have always been told not to be afraid to ask a question at anytime because that is how you learn. I am new to actually owning mini bikes and have learned a lot from research on what's hot and what's not. I have learned what is a great deal or someone's dream when purchasing a part or a whole bike and enjoy this forum. I have full respect for everyone and every question deserves a honest answer. Everyone at some point started learning about bikes and help is a great thing from others. Many of the members have been searching for that special bike bike or part and just want to know. What's it worth ! Rules are rules but if I know the value and it is going to help someone out make a decision there is nothing wrong with that.

I second on the agreement of rude people and responses, I have only been on here a month or so as
It is a new hobby of mine, one of the first responses I got to a “WTB” ad was welcome to a group of the oldest ten year olds you will ever meet.

I thought that was a funny comment, but after some exchanges with a certain member on some parts I did realize I was dealing with a “old” ten year old as he felt his baja rear wheel was worth a fortune, he wanted 1/3 the price of a brand new Coleman ct100u just for his wheel. You can do the math.
After I offered $20 less than what he wanted for his 1/3 priced of a Coleman ct100u wheel, he got huffy and said no, and then I offered to go ahead and pay his original asking price and he said now he doesn’t want to sell it anymore and is taking his marbles and going home.
I am new to this hobby, and he actually did me a favor, I took a chance on the Coleman ct100u wheel hoping it would be the same as my baja db30 wheel, mine was missing completely so I only went off parts diagram pictures, I bought the entire wheel assy. with sprocket and brake rotor and tire for under $75.00 shipped to my door. The Coleman wheel fit and worked perfectly, I posted the information in my “WTB” ad so others know there is a option, the wheel seller apparently had at one time many spares, now he can keep his goldmine “to him” stash of wheels.

Last edited:
what's wrong with reading and following the rules???

if you want prices on stuff go on ebay or visit the many swap meets to find
out how much the stuff you found in grampas' barn is worth. this site isnt
about appraising your junk. people who join, then try selling their 'million
dollar ultra rare finds' by trolling are not what this place is all about. it's
that simple, ask cheezy!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I second on the agreement of rude people and responses, I have only been on here a month or so as
It is a new hobby of mine, one of the first responses I got to a “WTB” ad was welcome to a group of the oldest ten year olds you will ever meet.

I thought that was a funny comment, but after some exchanges with a certain member on some parts I did realize I was dealing with a “old” ten year old as he felt his baja rear wheel was worth a fortune, he wanted 1/3 the price of a brand new Coleman ct100u just for his wheel. You can do the math.
After I offered $20 less than what he wanted for his 1/3 priced of a Coleman ct100u wheel, he got huffy and said no, and then I offered to go ahead and pay his original asking price and he said now he doesn’t want to sell it anymore and is taking his marbles and going home.
I am new to this hobby, and he actually did me a favor, I took a chance on the Coleman ct100u wheel hoping it would be the same as my baja db30 wheel, mine was missing completely so I only went off parts diagram pictures, I bought the entire wheel assy. with sprocket and brake rotor and tire for under $75.00 shipped to my door. The Coleman wheel fit and worked perfectly, I posted the information in my “WTB” ad so others know there is a option, the wheel seller apparently had at one time many spares, now he can keep his goldmine “to him” stash of wheels.
This sounded very familiar, so I thought I'd take a look to see how badly you were treated.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/wanted/155630-wtb-db30r-complete-rear-wheel-assy-2.html

I guess you must be referring to a PM because you received nothing but help in the thread. I see you still haven't posted an introduction in the off topic section, so I assume you don't even want to "belong" here. Are you still seeing a yellow box at the top of the page asking you to do so? As the person who posted some lengthy replies, suggesting the Coleman parts, I felt I needed to comment on this. You did PM me, as I requested, to let me know the parts worked out, and you did thank me for helping. Thing is, you only mention a bad experience, here, and don't mention the help you received.

I don't consider my "$1.49" reply as being an a-hole remark; it was intended to be humorous; at least one person got it. Had it been a new member asking, I would have informed him/her that appraisals are not provided, here. Having been a member for over three years, the OP has probably seen several mentions of this; I saw mentions of it during a few months as a lurker, before I even registered. I agree about rude and offensive remarks; I hate to see a new member ran off by someone telling him his bike is a Chinese POS, or other nasty remarks. Thing is, I just don't see anything nasty in this thread. Maybe some people need a sense of humor.

This sounded very familiar, so I thought I'd take a look to see how badly you were treated.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/wanted/155630-wtb-db30r-complete-rear-wheel-assy-2.html

I guess you must be referring to a PM because you received nothing but help in the thread. I see you still haven't posted an introduction in the off topic section, so I assume you don't even want to "belong" here. Are you still seeing a yellow box at the top of the page asking you to do so? As the person who posted some lengthy replies, suggesting the Coleman parts, I felt I needed to comment on this. You did PM me, as I requested, to let me know the parts worked out, and you did thank me for helping. Thing is, you only mention a bad experience, here, and don't mention the help you received.
Let me clarify I did get very helpful responses to my “WTB” request, and some great leads and direction that pointed me in some very helpful directions, Charles S. being the most helpful with detailed pointers and advice. Yes the problem was in a p.m. with another member who wanted $100.00 plus $20.00 for his n.o.s. wheel assy. shipped, I countered with $80.00 plus $20.00 shipping and was told “no thanks I’ll just keep it on a shelf” I felt I perhaps offended him and offered to pay his original asking price, he must have been offended and still said “no” as is his right. Now this member was courteous and very polite, not sure if I offended him or he just had possible seller remorse and decided he wanted to keep his parts, I completely understand as I have been in the same situation as this seller was, and a note he was not advertising his parts for sale, I asked him if he knew where I could possibly by the parts I was looking for.

This was my first mini bike ever, I was looking for a new hobby as my muscle cars & bikes are all restored and done. I had go-karts when I was young and like I said I was looking for a new hobby and bought me a doodlebug that was missing the complete rear wheel assy. This is when I stumbled on this site, like I said the person in the p.m. actually did me a favor as I did more research mainly thanks to Charles S. giving me the Coleman catalog lead, I took a chance on the ct100u wheel and it worked out perfect for both my wallet and the minibike. As this site says minibikes are addicting, I already sold my first doodlebug, and have since bought another doodlebug and a motovox mmb80, I already bought a predator 212 from Harbor Freight I am going to swap it into my 2nd doodlebug which is the old style with metal fenders.

I did not do a introduction as I thought I would fix the first doodlebug and that would be it, but the mini bikes ar starting to snowball, I will do a introduction today.

Last edited:
The only problem I have with asking "what is it worth" is that it's usually someone new to OldMiniBikes and has no want to be a part of this community. So it's like they come in, get what they need and leave.

If someone has been here a while and has what I feel a genuine question about what something they are looking at buying is "in the ball park" then all I'll say is "I'd buy it if I were looking for it". Sometimes when spending more money on a bike then I usually do I have questions to is it worth it, if that's the case I search old threads here to see what people sell bikes at. Usually can find a few threads with bikes generally what I'm looking to buy.

And welcome to OldMiniBikes Robert! Your not kidding, these bikes snow ball fast. Very addictive hobby [emoji23] my goal for this summer is get as many complete bikes/ rollers running as I can. Have to quit taking on full on projects for now.

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

Let me clarify I did get very helpful responses to my “WTB” request, and some great leads and direction that pointed me in some very helpful directions, Charles S. being the most helpful with detailed pointers and advice. Yes the problem was in a p.m. with another member who wanted $120.00 plus $20.00 for his n.o.s. wheel assy. shipped, I countered with $100.00 plus shipping and was told “no thanks I’ll just keep it on a shelf” I felt I perhaps offended him and offered to pay his original asking price, he must have been offended and still said “no” as is his right.

This was my first mini bike ever, I was looking for a new hobby as my muscle cars & bikes are all restored and done. I had go-karts when I was young and like I said I was looking for a new hobby and bought me a doodlebug that was missing the complete rear wheel assy. This is when I stumbled on this site, like I said the person in the p.m. actually did me a favor as I did more research mainly thanks to Charles S. giving me the Coleman catalog lead, I took a chance on the ct100u wheel and it worked out perfect for both my wallet and the minibike. As this site says minibikes are addicting, I already sold my first doodlebug, and have since bought another doodlebug and a motovox mmb80, I already bought a predator 212 from Harbor Freight I am going to swap it into my 2nd doodlebug which is the old style with metal fenders.

I did not do a introduction as I thought I would fix the first doodlebug and that would be it, but the mini bikes ar starting to snowball, I will do a introduction today.
As you mentioned, one can ask whatever price he/she wants for something, or refuse to sell for any price, or any reason. Like you, I don't pay more than I think something is worth, unless I feel I must have it and can't find it at a better price. I don't need to know what was said between you and the other member as that is none of my business, and I assume both of you behaved as gentlemen. I will say that if you are referring to the member I think you are referring to (thank you for having the sense not to mention by name), he is one of the friendliest and most helpful members on here. He is also a supporting member, helping to keep this site available so others can come here and get help/information for free. I wasn't seeking recognition for providing helpful information; your previous post just irritated me a bit because you only mentioned the negative and not the positive. I appreciate your reply. We're good. :thumbsup:

Respectfully, Fellas

I think it’s time to reconsider the policy here about asking the value of something.
We’re in a collector hobby ....like it or not. I collect cars, guns, wildlife art, etc......

All the forums i belong to in those areas regularly discuss or debate values of pieces that members
offer up..... so what?

By asking worth or value...how does that somehow taint the hobby ?
I don’t get that. It’s an effing minibike for Gods sake....!

God forbid some new member actually recovers his investment.....or, even worse makes a few bucks
profit to buy his next project.

I say ....don’t crucify a new guy for asking a perfectly natural question. Lets reconsider the rule.

Respectfully, Fellas

I think it’s time to reconsider the policy here about asking the value of something.
We’re in a collector hobby ....like it or not. I collect cars, guns, wildlife art, etc......

All the forums i belong to in those areas regularly discuss or debate values of pieces that members
offer up..... so what?

By asking worth or value...how does that somehow taint the hobby ?
I don’t get that. It’s an effing minibike for Gods sake....!

God forbid some new member actually recovers his investment.....or, even worse makes a few bucks
profit to buy his next project.

I say ....don’t crucify a new guy for asking a perfectly natural question. Lets reconsider the rule.
It has been debated for years. Plain and simple...what it is worth in your area...isn't what it is worth in my area. There is no true way to put a value on it without some clown saying.."I got 2000" for one. While offering no proof. And along with the sarcasm and others useless replies. So if you really want to know a value...post it on E-bay...an auction tells no lies. There you will find out what it is worth to someone.

It has been debated for years. Plain and simple...what it is worth in your area...isn't what it is worth in my area. There is no true way to put a value on it without some clown saying.."I got 2000" for one. While offering no proof. And along with the sarcasm and others useless replies. So if you really want to know a value...post it on E-bay...an auction tells no lies. There you will find out what it is worth to someone.
Right on cheezy !! When you want to know the value of something you usually go to an appraiser. An appraiser will give you an "approximate value" based on what he has seen other items like yours go for at recent auctions. Since we don't have any certified mini bike appraisers that I'm aware of; it only makes sense to do some investigating on your own and see what other items like yours have sold for recently.

Ding Ding

Arctic Cat Screamer. Missing engine, correct gas tank,and left side brake bracket.
Without the Screamer specific parts, it's not worth nearly as much as it would be with the Screamer specific parts. Does this bike have the serial tag on it still indicating the model? If it doesn't, the value decreases that much more as there really isn't anything that makes this bike a Screamer. What indicators do you have to know/assume this is indeed an actual Screamer? Let us know!

Note that it is also missing the fenders, rear fender bracket, motor mount, exhaust pipe & manifold, and drive guard. The rear sprocket is not correct/original, and it is located on the wrong side of the bike. The foot peg(s) also appears to be incorrect, as do the street tires(non-knobby).

Aside from all of that, the bike looks like it was taken care of. The wheels, front end, frame, springs, rear shocks and handlebars all look correct and in nice original shape. The seat looks fairly worn, but still in tact. The jackshaft and secondary clutch looks clean as well. There is certainly some value in all of that in addition to being a rolling chassis.

Please know that I can only tell so much from the picture you posted, so my evaluation may be slightly inaccurate.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Mike

Last edited:

I left for a year over this exact same reason. I was so excited when I first joined. I paid money. Then I saw the rude responses to people who were just trying to join the community. I read this post and had flashbacks. No reason to be an anus to people who want to be your friend. If you are a anus acting person, that does not make people want to hang around. I realize if you have rules like the one in question it is there to justify hurting others, but hey, it is in the rules.

I don't consider my "$1.49" reply as being an a-hole remark; it was intended to be humorous; at least one person got it. Had it been a new member asking, I would have informed him/her that appraisals are not provided, here. Having been a member for over three years, the OP has probably seen several mentions of this; I saw mentions of it during a few months as a lurker, before I even registered. I agree about rude and offensive remarks; I hate to see a new member ran off by someone telling him his bike is a Chinese POS, or other nasty remarks. Thing is, I just don't see anything nasty in this thread. Maybe some people need a sense of humor.
See, this is the point. People that act like an anus do not think that they are. "It was funny, we all laughed at the handicapped person so it must be funny". It was not funny, it was mean and intended to belittle the person, and you succeeded. Great job, and you even found a rule that supports your action. Sad.