what is wrong with this???

can anyone REALLY give me a TRUE reason that gas is going up almost daily, and diesal is $4.25 a gallon around the detroit area??? This shit is getting out of control, that Got dayum president of ours needs to quit FU*CKING around playing basketball and shit and do something about this, because right now, these prices are keeping nothing but "CHANGE" in our pockets:hammer:

Well it has been good for the companies that change the old gas station price signs over to electronic price signs.:doah:

I'm glad I have a short 6 mile drive to work then I am in the work truck all day burning thier fuel.

I look at the prices and think NO FRICKING WAY are we going to be able to go up north riding this year with the prices climbing out of sight like they are.
($120 to $160 round trip for us to go up north at $4-ish a gallon)

I am going to try to get our mopeds (ct90 & S90) set up the way I want and do some riding on those but that will mostly be fun runs not any serious errands.

The pres wont do anything about it because one of his liberal agenda's is to get more americans to buy those GREEN cars.

But dont be surprized if he and his gang find a way to give fuel vouchers to the underemployed and unemployed.:eek:
(you know...so they can go find a job :rolleyes:)

WOW I'm glad I got through that with serious restraint otherwise it would have been very BAD/UGLY.

Well it has been good for the companies that change the old gas station price signs over to electronic price signs.:doah:

I'm glad I have a short 6 mile drive to work then I am in the work truck all day burning thier fuel.

I look at the prices and think NO FRICKING WAY are we going to be able to go up north riding this year with the prices climbing out of sight like they are.
($120 to $160 round trip for us to go up north at $4-ish a gallon)

I am going to try to get our mopeds (ct90 & S90) set up the way I want and do some riding on those but that will mostly be fun runs not any serious errands.

The pres wont do anything about it because one of his liberal agenda's is to get more americans to buy those GREEN cars.

But dont be surprized if he and his gang find a way to give fuel vouchers to the underemployed and unemployed.:eek:
(you know...so they can go find a job :rolleyes:)

WOW I'm glad I got through that with serious restraint otherwise it would have been very BAD/UGLY.
im feelin ya tc, ive got a 1 ton dually duramax, 34ft enclosed, race bike and no got dayum$$ to go anywhere, and i AM WORKING, WTF!!! hell we cant even load our streetbikes up and go out of state and do riding, gonna be a FU*CKED up summer for that stuff, street racing minibikes,i guess:drinkup: Oh and btw, nobody REALLY wants green cars, people just say they do when they are around the rest of their tree huggin, bitches, and it "the right thing" to do,whatever....

Yesterday morning the Chevron station across the street from my house had regular at $3.69/9 per gallon . I went across town for a trike meeting and upon re-turning home three hours later the price was $3.73/9 and my van took 28+ gallons for $106.00 that's some serious cash, and not a word from Washington about it. Something has to change but where do you start.
Steve :scooter:

Remember the TV show "Married with children" well I loved watching that show but now that I'm actually living the Al Bundy life its not so funny.
(no, I dont sell shoes.....yet)

I get up, go to work and by the time I get home after 8 hours I have less money than when I went to work.

I keep 5 to 10 gallons of gas here just so I can make it to work sometimes since I get paid every two weeks some times there just isnt any cash for gas so I stock pile it a little here and there.

gbones

im sure if 1 of obama's secret service guys told him to go fill up the escalade he'd come back and say "damn gas is expensive i should do something about this" but he dont pay for no damn gas so what does he care.

can anyone REALLY give me a TRUE reason that gas is going up almost daily, and diesal is $4.25 a gallon around the detroit area??? This shit is getting out of control, that Got dayum president of ours needs to quit FU*CKING around playing basketball and shit and do something about this, because right now, these prices are keeping nothing but "CHANGE" in our pockets:hammer:
I thought I was the only one getting killed by this crap. I have a 180 mile round trip daily, killing me slowly, had to sell my wifes expedition that pulls our travel trailer, now she has a new KIA Soul at 36 mpg but my travel trailer and weekend camping trips just sit in the driveway...this shiz sucks.

buckeye

And the oil companies make record profits. Filled up my wifes crv. 48 bucks. Afraid to fill up the 95 f150. Might need to talk to the banker. Oh ya, he's ripping us off too.

Oldsalt

OK. Lets hear from someone in Canada about the price of gas...per liter. I understand that the price in wonderful Europe currently comes out to about 10 bucks a gallon. Maybe in the USA we have it pretty good in comparison to countries that have little or no oil of their own. We have a lot of our own. And the oil reserves in Alaska and elsewhere is so great that it cannot be estimated and we still have, for strategic reasons, not yet had the true need to touch them. The tree huggers and the learned scholars at our Universities have convinced the world that we are going to run out of oil soon. Not going to happen.

I remember when gas hit $1 a gallon. The pundits at all the great [?] newspapers, such as the NY Times and the Chicago Tribune, said it was going to be ruinous for America. Nothing happened. Then when it hit $2 the same voices loudly proclaimed we were going to go to hell in a handbag in 30 days. Didn't happen. If a guy counted Winnebagos and etc. on the road during vacation season there was the same number plying the roads. Then it went to $3. Same story, economic doom was going to befall us soon. Now 4 bucks. Again, how many have been in Europe or even Canada lately? If the price of fuel at 4 bucks a gallon is going to devastate us why are a great number of countries that have a paid 2 or more time that FOR YEARS not in the tank? Can anyone actually claim that we, as a nation, are driving less DUE TO gas prices?

In the last 20 or so years the auto companies were busy building huge pick-ups because that is what was selling no matter what the price of gas. In fact GM at one point made not one model of car that was rear wheel drive [except the Corvette] because they changed all the rear-wheel drive passenger car assembly lines to pick-up production! I see the bottom line like this: It will take a hell of a lot more than another extra dollar for fuel to slow down Americas historic purchase of huge engined cars and pick-ups. Or our habit of driving as much as we want. Our economic woes are a result of trillions of our tax dollars being spent on handouts. Oil prices have not been kind, but are not the major problem. That is the way I see it.

Well I for one dont just cruise around for the pure fun of it anymore....I just can not afford too, same for a lot of other people I know.

Our government has kept the MPG requirments low compared to other countries for I suspect many reasons.
I suspect one would be because people will buy a gas gussling truck/SUV and then burn gallon after gallon of TAXED fuel through it which pumps more money into the coffers of the government.Oh sure the money gets used for the roads and such but its still money that they dont have to spend from some other tax source.

Now they want all of us to buy high MPG GREEN cars which they hope will boost the auto industry and save the precious liquid but theres a catch.

They realize the fuel taxes will be down SOOOooo this is their answer.
Taxing mileage a 'practical option' for revenue enhancement

So even after getting us to switch over to the green cars they will just add a fuel mileage tax so we'll be paying a tax on every mile we drive.

They are trying to find a way to put a device in every vehicle to monitor mileage and charge you right at the pump and at some point ALL new vehicles will have this device built in.

Oldsalt

Well, I will never buy a Green car. What does a hybrid run now? Gotta be 45 grand. And they are disposable because no one can fix them and they are NOT designed to got 150 thousand before they terminable break. They are pitifully slow and heavy. They look so ugly I have a perverse impulse to kick them when I walk by. You can not put real people in them and forget about hauling anything or pulling even a light trailer.

Again anyone that spends even $35,000 on a Greenie really should do the math. If a guy's current auto gets 30 MPG [and is paid for and therefore is worth nothing for a train-in] that amounts to 9,333 gallons of gas at the current price. At 30 MPG that comes to 280,000 miles for free if you don't 'go green'. So drive the old car you currently own or pick up a used, cheap car for cash. If you drive the average American driver amount, about 12,000 miles per year, you will have to drive the tiny, stupid, ugly Greenie 23 years and 4 months before you start getting any benefit. That is not counting the fact that your paid-for car will not have to have full-coverage insurance like the Greenie you will be paying payments on for at least 5 years. At 500 dollars a year savings in that 5 years will be $2,500 [really much, much more because half a grand a year will not come close to paying for comprehensive on the Greenie] which equals 667 gallons of gas or another 20,000 free miles. Almost 2 more years of free gas! Then a guy should consider the interest on the 35 grand. And the registration and yearly tags that will be very costly.

Me? I'll drive anything I please as long as it is paid for.