What is your opinion?

I recently purchased this minibike to modify and use in the snow. Now I wouldn't feel right if I did any type of modifications to it. Mac and Harleys identified it as a Cheyenne Warrior model 400 that was made in L.A., maybe 1960's. I don't like to alter vintage bikes and this is a really cool looking bike and very well made! Since I got it home: took off the Briggs motor and removed the goofy foot pegs that were added over the original mounts, removed the extra rear sprocket, (original worn out) and it seems to be a solid bike besides the scrub brake arm that was added on over the original one, and the seat is also not original. What do you think I should do, sell or modify. Thanks, Owen.

If it was mine I would pretty much leave it original - kinda has a cool rat rod bike look to it. I agree the foot peg needs replacing and if your keeping the B & S maybe paint the motor gray or silver with a black recoil cover. Oh and a ski for the snow, Awesome find:thumbsup:

Mac

It's one of the ugliest minibikes ever built.
I would sell it and get a sportier looking frame style.

You wanted opinions...........Now live with it.:wink:

That is a rouge mark iv.Not that common and it is the suspended model.The more common one didnt have rear shocks.but its yours do what you will with it and most importantly HAVE FUN WITH IT.

It's one of the ugliest minibikes ever built.
I would sell it and get a sportier looking frame style.

You wanted opinions...........Now live with it.:wink:
:laugh: I agree, that is one fugly mini-bike. But then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Mac

That is a rouge mark iv.Not that common and it is the suspended model.The more common one didnt have rear shocks.but its yours do what you will with it and most importantly HAVE FUN WITH IT.
george3's is the Mark IV Rogue.

Sell the Cheyenne and buy George's Rogue(Help a brother out).

there is nothing wrong with custom bikes, i mean if the bike is highly desirable and collectible then sell it and buy a manco :laugh: if not then chop chop :grind:

Thanks for everyones input so far. I would rather not chop it up if someone was interested in restoring it. I think it is cool looking and part fugly at the same time. Owen

I really like the Rogue bike looks, I thought they were futuristic and still are somewhat even 20 years after seeing my 1st one. A perfect mad max rat machine but I'd never cut it.:thumbsup:

Wow after seeing George's pictures I would think it has a lot of potential as a restore project.
I wish I was closer and that I didnt have 15 other projects on the go lol

I wouldn't cut it. I've made the mistake of hacking on 550 Moto Skeeter and a Keystone Deluxe and I regret it. Nice bike though. :thumbsup:

TomH

I think the brake is an add on too. Mounted on the swing arm like that, it is going to move around quite a bit when you are hitting bumps. If you were going to add a ski on the front and maybe a different wheel/tire on the back, I would think you could make those mods reversible pretty easily for regular riding without messing anything up

I wouldn't want to make the mistake or screw up a good bike that could be put back in its original form. I don't have a lot of money in this bike (really rare for me). Just would like to see if someone might want it before it has any mods done to it.Owen

george3

george3's is the Mark IV Rogue.

Sell the Cheyenne and buy George's Rogue(Help a brother out).
Not mine anymore. But I have other bikes for sale. I repaired it and sold it to a friend. he did all the finishing touches. He also has the full suspention model. Not a pretty bike, lol. like a taco or cat but tuff looking. If it was mine I would of just painted it chevy orange or simular and bolted on a fast 6.5 and rode it like I stold it.