what size chain does an elburro super 8 take?

rtr8

needing to find out what size chain a 1970 elburro super 8 mini bike takes. i know about motorcycle and atvs like 420,428,520,535. but i dont know much about # 41 in mini bikes. thanks for the help.

oldsledz

I just looked at mine, the bike is in a spot that is hard to see but it looks like 41 could be bigger, but I can say for sure it is not 35.

thanks for all the guesses took old chain to my local john deere dealership found out to be a 40.
I knew it had to be the larger chain, a 40/41 rides on the same sprocket if I'm not mistaken, at least that is my experience from my old Bird Nighthawk.............

I honestly can't imagine there is a single mini bike out there that actually should use a #40 chain. In my experience the space between the inner plates is waaay to wide for any mini bike sprocket I have ever encountered, resulting in way to much side to side movement of the chain. What is usually suppose to be on these bikes is #41 or #420 chain. Same pitch but a narrower distance between the plates, resulting in less binding and wear on both the sprocket and clutch. The reason it probably ends up on these bikes is #40 pitch chain is easier to find (usually at a local fleet store) and hey it works in a pinch...but it ain't right.
Check it out -Roller Chain Info