What to do, what to do...Tec flatty

OK, so here's the dilemma. Tecumseh flattys look really cool. I bought a Sensation Go Devil that has one...in "almost all there" condition. From what I can tell, someone pulled the head and then unbolted the left side case, got scared, and finger tightened the case back together. Then they put it in their garage for 30 years. The head is missing, but it appears to have all the other relevant parts, including the Comet TAV. The dillema: do I repower this thing with the (gasp!) HF clone motor, or try to put the Tec back together? I need to get a new head for it, and some gaskets, maybe I can hone and ring it, since it's apart. You guys do this sort of thing alot, am I going to dump more money/effort into restoring the Tec than it's worth? Should I just shop for a together and running motor? :shrug:

There are heads all over ebay for cheap. Though a clone is dependable, the Tec will always be a more highly desireable motor to have, and will look period correct for sure.:thumbsup:

In 40 years, I don't think you'll see anyone trying to preserve their clone or a source of parts to do it. I think these old motors were made of better materials and with greater care than the new clones. In forty years, you'll still find the tecumseh's and briggs motors doing their thing.