What's Your Best Traffic Ticket?

I saw this on FB today. Post up the stories of your best traffic tickets. No DUI or DWS stories, please, unless there were really unusual circumstances. Anything involving shoot-outs and spike strips would be great. And Strigoi's run-in in the parking lot could probably also be told again.

Medina man gets $1,103 speeding ticket in Oregon | KING5.com Seattle

As for myself, I got a ticket for riding my street bike w/no driver's license when I was 14 and had to go to juvi court w/my mom. That only happened because I was pulled over for expired tags. 35 years later I had a cop reduce the ticket to 74 mph in a 55 from something faster and saved me a bunch of $$ on the fine. He took pity because I was in a company car. The car had big "Insurance Company" decals all over it. :doah:

OUCH , 18 years old had my licnece for less than a month. Going to the ice rink , no alcohol involved. Theres a steep hill down to the rink and I'm driving my dad's new Toyata corrola 1.6 RSI. Bragging to my mate just how fast the car is and say It even freewheels fast. Put her in neutral and freewheel 95Kph through a trap in a 60 zone. Twenty odd years ago and the fine was about 30$ huge bucks. Took me almost a year to pay my dad back every cent. :hammer::laugh:

Got popped on the high end of a street race, cop had me by the balls and wasn't in a good mood either........:hammer:.........4 points and lots of $$..............Tom.

My son just got pulled over for doing 78 in a 55. He was nice enough to the cop I guess because he got a ticket for "excessive use of finite resources." Max $80, no points.

Pay back for last year when his engine caught fire on the highway, and the cops were too busy frisking him and looking for drugs than to put out the fire. Complete loss on a highly modified car, from fire wall forward. (All 24 year olds MUST have drugs)

catfishman

:001_tt2:i was about 17, me and my friend were taking a few things to his parents place in the country, driving my 79 camaro, only had a 305 in it, decided to floor it on the highway for a bit, going about 120. we get off and pull into a mcdonalds, a cop pulls in right behind us says he clocked me only at 90 something when got up to us, he new we were going faster. he says "what were you having a big mac attack?". gave me the ticket. had the weed in the crouch of course.

TomH

Which one. I didn't get off extended risk insurance until I hit 35. Here is one I was glad to get. First ride of the spring on my Kawasaki 900. I pulled on to an entrance ramp late for a softball game. I hammered it up through the gears to blow it out from sitting all winter, wasn't paying attention to the speed, just hanging on. I let off and looked into the vibrating mirror and I thought I saw a speck of red way back there. Sure enough a mile later I was pulling out my license. he said how fast were you going? I said I don't know,I wasn't looking at the speedometer. He said do you think you were going 70? I said, "yes sir" whew, I'll take it I thought. Speed limit at the time was 55. He gave me a 69 in a 55, at 70 the fine would have doubled.:bowdown: The cop was pretty cool, he said he was coming down the off ramp when he saw me going up the on ramp and had chased me for two miles.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Exhibition of speed on my BRAND NEW Motorcycle in 1981. The Cop was completely full of $hit! Didn't even show up in court so I could blast him in front of the Judge. Charges dropped.

Last edited:

45t

My biggest oops was in my restored 72 Chevy custom camper edition truck. It had a 402 big block with modified exhaust and was pretty fast for a truck. I was on the main drag where all the kids hang out in town and as I was pulling away my buddies were egging me on to light em up, so I did.

I turn the corner from the scene and there are two town cops waiting for me. I pulled away from the area trying to look innocent and it didn't work. they both stopped me a block or so later and nailed me for squeeling my tires, modified exhaust, no seat belt and no license.

The cop said "You know you can't afford the tickets I'm about to issue". Me being a smart ass I said "Yep, I can't afford new tires for my truck after buring them off the way I just did". That pissed him off and he said very forcefully "YOU CAN"T AFFORD SHIT"!

He went back to his cruiser letting me sit and contemplate my fate and what the hell am I going to do and how to pay for being stupid and showing off for friends.

He came back and said "I don't want to even see this truck in town again and If I do, I will not be so generous". He let me go with no ticket or warning other than the verbal one. I couldn't believe my luck.

I found out later that the cop was a drag racer on the weekends and owned a truck like mine that he pulled his 69 camaro to the strip with. When I sold my truck later that year, he came and test drove it but didn't buy it. He had a fun discussion about the truck with my Dad and how he knew about the truck. :doah:

MiniBike Paul

1980 - 1981, I was on my 750F Honda on a road trip comparing my bike to the new 950 for Rider magazine. In north east Arizona, in the middle of nowhere, using my throttle lock, I was getting the rpm's at ten mile per hour intervals, no hands as I wrote them down. At 110 I drifted over the center line but there were no cars as far as I could see in front of me and then a quick check showed only one car behind me, but it was the wrong car!

Worse yet, he had a ride along and was showing off for her! 2 tickets - speeding and reckless driving.

I called my brother back in L.A., a lawyer, and told him; he called the D.A. in the tiny little Indian county where i got the tickets and asked, "are you interested in revenue or convictions?"; Thank God, "Revenue" was the answer, and for $400.00 (seemed like a fortune at the time) the tickets disappeared!

That was a close one, what a disaster they would have been! Amazing, I only got 1 other ticket, lane splitting on the freeway at about 25mph faster than traffic, on that bike during 2 years riding it way too fast; and I never went down, another miracle!

bandit 40

In 1993 got busted drag racing in my 1977 TA 428. It was against another TA 400, Yes I won the race by 4 car lengths and at the finish line was the police with my trophy :anon.sml:.Even though I was ticketed I was ecstatic about my win and the cop did say it was a good race and reminded me that I actually lost.:scared:.

toomanytoys

I was 18 years old, just graduated high school. I had a brand new Red 2002 Trans am. I had a pretty hot girlfriend at the time, and it summer time. She was wearing daisy dukes and a bikini top and we were cruising through town. Well the popular thing to do was ride down to the park in town and drive around the loop that surrounded the park.

We made a few loops, and no one was really around, so I decided to start drifting around the loop. I made 5 or so trips around the loop drifting all the way around. I had so much tire smoke going when the cop showed up that I couldn't see anything but the red and blue lights reflecting in the smoke.

I was a typical teenage dick, and he was your typical small town cop. He came up and said something about tearing the tires off of daddy's car. I handed him the title along with my papers. And he said I don't need your title, I replied, I wanted you to see this isn't daddys car its my car. I'm sorry you are jealous since as you can see it cost more than your salary!

I got, reckless operation, failure to control, speeding ticket, and a few other minor things. Ended up being nearly 500 in fines and a court date. Almost lost my license over it.

When he gave me the ticket I pulled out my wallet and said can I just pay you? I'd rather not have to go somewhere to pay this.

Even looking back 12 years later it was worth it...

When I was 16 I got pulled over for passing a car in the median on the interstate, 90 in a 65, window tint too dark. I got frisked, hand cuffed and stuffed in the cruiser, car searched for drugs, and finally released. I didn't get any tickets or anything. In Ohio under 18 first ticket you get sent to driving school.

Last edited:
Well trikes are my game now for 40+ years and I have been arrested twice while riding two Tri-Sport RTS Trikes one with a CCW two stroke 290CC engine and the other was a RTS-8. Both trikes were made street legal by me and had nothing to do with my being arrested that was always for unpaid speeding tickets but the trikes were so unusual to see on the road in the early 1970's that is what the reason for the cops used to stop me.
Being surrounded on US 101 in south Long Beach by 4 cop cars draws a lot of attention.
A motorcycle cop said I was speeding and cut a driver off on the big traffic circle.
I'm working on my big VW Trike again and I am ticket free for many many years.
Steve:scooter:

I don't know if this funny or more of an indication of how oblivious I can be at times. I'm on my way to work one morning and running a little late so I'm going about 45 to 50 in a 40 zone heading North and to my West I see a cop sitting on a cross street. He can't have and doesn't have a gun on me and only guesses that I'm speeding because I passed another car. I catch the next stoplight and he gets behind and eventually pulls me over (after the stop turns to green...dick) so I stop. The first thing he asks me was (pulling on my seatbelt) "When did you put this on?". I tell him the truth which is, "When I left home.". Of course the dick then asks the standard "Do you know how fast you were going?" to which I answer "Yes, 40 MPH." knowing full well he didn't have me on radar and wasn't anywhere near close to clocking me.

He walks back to his car and comes back a few minutes later with a ticket for a no seatbelt violation. I told that him was B.S. because I had my seatbelt on. He looks at me and insists that I didn't have my seatbelt on. I argue back and tell him that I always drive with my seatbelt on (which is absolutely true) and he looks at me and asks me if I would rather have the $25 seatbelt ticket or the $125 speeding ticket. I told him that I didn't want either because I wasn't guilty of the seatbelt violation and that I thought he couldn't prove the speeding. Fed up he said I could pick which ever one I wanted, but that he would make sure he showed up for the speeding ticket if I decided to dispute it.

Already late for work and exhausted by the argument I took the seatbelt violation, paid the $25 and laughed about how dense I was at the the time that he was kind of giving me break.

Last edited:
I got a few story's,before I hit 26 I had 29 entry's on my record and got thrown in jail 9 times all for traffic stops.
Having my first baby changed my direction.

. And Strigoi's run-in in the parking lot could probably also be told again.
It's been posted on here plenty. :laugh:

If anyone is curious just do a search and you should find the thread. It involved beer, mini bikes, multiple police and me getting arrested.

All my tickets have mostly been for stupid shit. I did get popped for 49 in a 25 after running and hiding from the cops. They kind of new me and it was back around 1995 (you could get away with a lot more back then). Luckily I only ended up with a ticket that night. I also learned that you're screwed when you have the slowest car out of 3 that decide to run. I was in an '84 VW GTI with 2 other people while one friend was in an '86 TA and the other in a modded '67 Camaro.

Last edited:
I was on my way home from work in 1992 or 1993 on my 1977 KZ 650 and got pulled over for speeding. I got clocked at 85 in a 30 mph zone at 3 am and it cost me a $300.00 fine and two points!!! I blame it on the Kerker 4 into 1 header my bike had, it was really loud but sounded really sweet on that bike!!!

I was 15 about to turn 16 so didnt have my permit yet. Driving my freinds newly aquired and unregistered jeep cj around th eblock for a test ride. Passed a cop at an intersection and kinda thought he had me so I pulled over. Probrobly could have passed him by without him noticing in hindsight. But anyway It was a big scene. 5 cop cars showed up. They didnt know what to do. Eventually they let us off the hook and had to push the jeep the block home. No more jeeping till youve got your permit boy! that was a close one :laugh: