Where are all of the homebuilt frames at?

MINI-MATIC

Home made Minibike

This was a Shriners bike that was home made.It was made from a bike frame and was very well made.I restored it to the way it looks in the picture.It has long been sold quite a few years ago,which I regret immensely.I remember it enough though,that I could make another one! :sadcrying4: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mac

I want to see pics of your home designed and built bikes.
Back when Tomsprops was just getting into the minibike obsession,
I faked like I wasn't interested in this minibike frame and he gave it to me
rather than store it next to his Taco's. Guess he was scared it might tip on them.
I'm hoping to find a really wasted, running engine to finish it up.

If they ever have a "Rat Rod Nationals" I might enter it in a "Pitbike" contest:

...It bolts together, but it's NOT a Burrito.

how about a close up pic of the seat on the radio flyer. :thumbsup:
i dont have a pic on hand but its just a piece of angle iron with a bike seat post welded to it thats bolted on with the head bolts. It holds up fine even when im blasting through the woods bouncing off of it at max speed lol. Those are old pics i should take a new group pic. Ill have to stand back quite a bit farther if you know what i mean :)

Oldsalt

One of several homebuilts I have. This triple engine bike was built a few years ago for use as a pit bike. The engines are early 2 horse Briggs. It has an electric starter on the first engine. Ta can't pull three roaps at one time. All three engines are coupled together by "V" belts. The last engine also has a sprocket that chain drives a jackshaft that has a clutch mounted on it. The forks and steering head are Honda Z50. The frame is made of whatever I had on hand. That's my youngest child [my last mistake] riding it.

oldsledz

I have 2 of them the first one was made with Papular Mechanics plans.
I don't know any thing about the other.

Last edited:

Mr X

im pretty sure everyone has already seen this, its a bike i scratch built and designed, its my latest bike. i did some work on it and will post the latest pictures once i get some time and once i mount a new seat.

here is my previous bike, hardtail was too rough for where i ride so i didnt have it for too long.

here is the bike before that one, i sold it for $150. it had a 2 stroke engine with a tillotson carb and it went pretty fast.

and here is a scooter i scratch built before i started making minibikes

Homebuilt

My 11yr old wanted a mini bike so I told him he could build it - cut the front off his hand-me-down kids bike & I supervised the cutting & welding. Got it running (no brakes) & took it to the frozen lake for a spin. after watching me slide around he cranked his first donut! Since then we got some other bikes to ride but sometimes it's fun to get the first one out!

Of the dozen or so frames I've built from scratch, this one is probably the most interesting...23 feet of tow chain meets a MIG welder to form the heaviest frame you'll ever find...26 lbs.