Where can I get a 6.5?

All clones are GOOD some places are just cheaper and other places are known for better quality. For example the harbour freight are cheaper at $99 (but i dont think their that cheap anymore though) and the BSP Yellow clone is over $150 but it is suppose to be better quality.

basically a clone is a clone. i've also heard that the yellow ones are a bit better though.

i'm running one of the red ones and haven't had any issues with it. i've beat on it since day 1 too.

the costco by my place doesn't sell them and my parents said they don't have them at the one by their house either.

if they did, i'd have a few of them by now.

All clones are GOOD some places are just cheaper and other places are known for better quality. For example the harbour freight are cheaper at $99 (but i dont think their that cheap anymore though) and the BSP Yellow clone is over $150 but it is suppose to be better quality.
Where are the yellow one's sold?

basically a clone is a clone. i've also heard that the yellow ones are a bit better though.

That just isnt the case. Watch out for aluminum bores and non dual bearing engines.

The Lifans are to me are hands down the Best quality Clone out of them all especialy for the price and availability.

The Yellow Champion engine are Supposedly pretty good but I have never saw one here in the midwest unless it was on a generator.

I would only buy a Lifan and my favorite clone is the Champion that once sold at Costco, they are "cleaner" and a bit more refined looking than our HF engines and have a fuel gauge and the Oil sensor crap is tucked inside unseen, heat shield is chromed too. . I don't think they can sell them like this anymore.

I've heard of metal fatigue and breakage in non Lifan clones.

I have checked the FAQ's, and scoured t'internet...but does anyone know where, or at what stores, one of these, or a similar engine can be found in CANADA?

Shipping from the US is crazy from most of these US dealers.

And being Chinese they are not duty-free...

I found one engine from Ontario, called a WASP, that seems to be a generic clone.
My concern is adapting my 2.8 dirt-bug throttle. And from reading on hear, I realize I will also need a new clutch (for 3/4 rather than 5/8 shaft)

Oh well, it's not rocket science*

* erm, actually it is a bit, if you think about it, lol

try making a new post in the honda/clone section. there are several Canadian members on here and they would be more likely to see it in there.

setting up the throttle isn't too difficult. there have been several posts on here regarding it.

have you contacted cjtmini on here? he sells a complete kit but i don't know if he'll ship to Canada or not.

cheers for that...any idea what the Toronto fella's duty/tax bill was?

Big problem is getting dinged for custom broker's fees

I found actual 6.5 Lifan engines here in Nova Scotia, for 189.99 CAN, I wonder if that would mean the throttle assembly is the same?

sorry, to be clear: I wonder if the throttle link on the 6.5 Lifan would be the same as that on the Lifan 2.8?

I guess I'd know if I saw it, but it's a 60 mile drive to the shop...

I find the throttle odd on these little things, when you twist the grip, engine off, it doesn't seem to move the actual throttle lever arm, but when the engine's running it does (?!)

Anyway, great forum, I was up all night reading last night!

setting up the throttle seems a lot harder than it actually is. cjtmini's kit comes with instructions for doing the throttle and is all bolt on. he made it so it's easy.

i haven't read one negative thing about his kit on here. he's sold a bunch of them too. even if it costs a bit more, i'd say go that route just to eliminate any headaches when it comes to the installation.