Where to find heavier shoes for maxtorque clutch?

I have the maxtorque six-shoe clutch with the stock shoes. I installed the black spring, and now the shoes are too light for the spring. I'd like to try some heavier shoes ( I know what some of the opinions are going to be, but I've done some research and what I've read is that heavy shoes and a heavy spring are the best way to tune a clutch for smooth engagement across the powerband, so I'm not asking for opinions, just where to get the shoes). I've checked affordable gokarts, but they are out of stock on the wedge shoes (surprise, surprise). So if anyone knows where I can find the wedge shoes (looked a lot of other sites too, no one has them) or a way to make my current shoes heavier, that would be great. I saw this weight kit: :: Be Tram Motor Sports :: but dont know if it will work on my clutch, as to my knowledge there is nowhere on the shoes to bolt the weights to. If anyone can help, its much appreciated.

Not sure which shoes you have, but as I understand it, the wedge shoes are the heavy shoes.

You probably already have the wedge shoes, that is what always comes with all the DB30 clutches I have ever taken apart. My experience: the SS shoes are the light shoes and are normally harder to find than the wedge shoes. Affordablegokarts calls the SS shoes the regular shoes, others call them SS shoes, so can be confusing.

I usually get my Max-torque parts from American Power Sports (APS). However, I checked APS for wedge shoes and they apparently don't sell them. Best I can tell OldMiniBikes doesn't stock these either or I would buy there. :thumbsup:

American Power Sports - Karting Parts & Accessories

These clutches are very tuneable with 2 weight shoes and 3 or 4 springs. So, you should be able to get it to hook up just the way you want, after you get the parts.

You can contact Max-Torque directly. I have in the past and they are always helpful. Also, the DB30 clutch is a Chinese knockoff of Max-Torque clutch, but the Max-Torque parts, including the spring, wedge and SS shoes fit, no problems so far. Be careful what you say about needing parts for a Chinese DB30 clutch or you may get an earful.

MaxTorque

This clutch isn't from a doodlebug. Its a real maxtorque clutch. This clutch was given to me, but to my knowledge was bought from agk. Agk's website describes the regular shoes as the "stock" shoes, and the wedge shoes as the heavier ones. I've sent an email to jim at maxtorque, apparently this is the only way that I'm going to get a straight answer. No disrespect to you sir, but if aps doesnt sell the heavier shoes, then this doesnt really help me. I already know that the maxtorque clones come with the wedge shoes, if I had a clone I wouldnt be asking where to get the wedge shoes. But thank you anyway for trying to help. This does give me an idea, though. There is a site that sells the clones and on the parts page, they list replacement shoes, maybe they are the heavier ones.

Jim at maxtorque emailed me back and said you can order the heavier shoes through comet kart sales. If anyone had a spare stock db clutch and were willing to sell me the shoes, I'd probably consider that. But I'll check comet when I get home from work just to see how much the shipping is.

I bought some wedge shoes from chazdaddy. They arrived yesterday. I have yet to install them. With all the other work I had to do to my bike this weekend, I just didnt get to it. But soon.