Which model horse?

I believe this is a Trailhorse I got this morning for $30, not 100% sure. If so, which model?

What are the tabs for? Did someone hack off a jackshaft setup?

you SUCK man i was gonna get that i seen it on CL with a yellow bike and i asked if he would take 20 and he said YA. DANG IT!!

That's a nice unmolested find ... The jackshaft plates are original ... They require bolt on brackets on the upper half ... Check out the photo gallery here ...

Hey, thanks for that pic Nova. So they came in green or yellow at least. Still trying to figure out which motor I should use. Interesting front emblem on yours.

Trail Horse

With the fender mounting clips, it should be a GTO 300 (blue paint, 3.5 hp with fenders) or GTO 400 (coppertone paint, 4 hp without fenders). Pre 1970.

With the fender mounting clips, it should be a GTO 300 (blue paint, 3.5 hp with fenders) or GTO 400 (coppertone paint, 4 hp without fenders). Pre 1970.
Thanks for that brochure Dick. That's interesting. I've noticed they all run the band brake off the clutch, where mine has it setup off the rear wheel. Could have been switched I guessed.

Sorry, I didn't see the rear brake drum. That would make it a 1970 model. It could be a GTO 300 (Blue paint, 3.5 hp with painted fenders), a GTO 500 (White paint, 5 hp with painted fenders), a LTD 230 (Forest Green paint, 3 hp with painted fenders, or a LTD 330 (Red paint, 3.5 hp with painted fenders). These were the only models with 6" steel wheels that year. In 1969 the steel wheel models had a band brake on the clutch. The GTO 100 and 200 models had 4" steel wheels, yours appears to have 6" wheels.

Hey, thanks for that pic Nova. So they came in green or yellow at least. Still trying to figure out which motor I should use. Interesting front emblem on yours.
That emblem was not original to the traihorse it was a KS co. that makes farm equipment still. Im guessing someone threw it on there because of the GT logo! Mine does not have a brake yet & I am not in a hurry as I want to do it right! Looking for a jackshaft kit I can adapt and possibly brake it there or at the clutch, I have a band and drum also a disc and caliper so?

yours appears to have 6" wheels.
Good eye's. Your also a wealth of information regarding the horses. I'll try stripping some layers off and see if I can tell the original color. But that may be long gone by wire wheel, you know how it is, a good paint job adds 5hp. I'm not trying to build a concours correct bike here, but I thought it would be neat to restore it back to it's former state as best I could.