While I was at Pep Boys today...

I stopped by Pep Boys this morning to see if they had any Baja Doodle Bugs in stock because I plan on buying one this Friday. The true reason I went there was to see if they had a yellow one there but they didn't. In fact, they didn't have a red one either. I'll have to call them later and see if they have any in the back. Anyways, When I was looking at the bikes I noticed one that looked like a Doodle Bug but it was black(which I like a lot). I checked it out and it was made by Baja, it was made by Metal Motorsports and it was called the Rivet. Has anyone else seen these?

Here's a link:
Home

I wonder if they cost the same as a Doodle Bug and if they will take my Doodle Bug coupon for it.

Larry - watch your local Craigslist and you will buy a Doodlebug (DB-30) for $100 - 150!
I've been watching it but I haven't seen anything yet and I'm getting impatient. My buddy showed me this older ad and somebody was selling a DB and an older rolling frame for $30 right near me. He called about it and the guy said it sold in 5 minutes.

Larry - watch your local Craigslist and you will buy a Doodlebug (DB-30) for $100 - 150!
I've been scouring craiglist for about a month now - in NoVa I saw 3

1. was a DB with a 5hp engine on it - guy wants $500 - yeah right
2. was slightly used - sold for $250
3. rusted out frame only - wants $150

I'll keep looking but I'm not gonna pay over $150 for a used one. I mean you can get a brand new one for $250 without too much effort.

well, larry is in pittsburgh and i'm on the outside of washington dc in Northern Virginia. I'm not sure that mini coudl be father away and still be in the continental US :1orglaugh: man, if that was around here I'd be on it in a second!!! :cursing:

I stopped by Pep Boys this morning to see if they had any Baja Doodle Bugs in stock because I plan on buying one this Friday. The true reason I went there was to see if they had a yellow one there but they didn't.
Hey Larry,

Have you got a local Tractor Supply nearby, because they have the yellow DB30 "Dirt Bug" you're after on sale April 14-18 for $259.99.

The flyer for the sale's in all the local papers where I live (southwestern Virginia).

That black "Rivet" DB30 looks pretty cool though.... :wink:

Jimmy S.

I want a black one now......
Save me alot of money on paint..........:smile:

Did you see what it said about the Brake system???
Mechanical Repair Disk

I missed a deal on two DB30's. One in Long Beach for $150(all stock in good condition), and one in Anaheim Hills for $160(this one was new new condition). There out there you just gotta have the cash, and jump on them quick.

Honestly I could see an modded DB going for $375 or $450 depending on what's all done to the bike itself, and motor.

Im new to the list, and I am looking for a db30, anyway I called the owner of metal motorsports his name is Rick about the Rivet. Long story short, he is thinking about marketing these as a kit without a motor or sprocket to avoid EPA issues and to save shipping. you guys should e-mail or call him. let him know this is a great idea.

Im new to the list, and I am looking for a db30, anyway I called the owner of metal motorsports his name is Rick about the Rivet. Long story short, he is thinking about marketing these as a kit without a motor or sprocket to avoid EPA issues and to save shipping. you guys should e-mail or call him. let him know this is a great idea.
I emailed Baja Motorsports and asked them to offer a roller. Never received a reply. I think the idea is great if the price is right.

I have never bought a new one from the retailer or distributor, but got one with the tags still on it on CL for $150 and two pretty much clapped out ones but just rode hard and not bent or anything both for one price $125! I sold one of the two as a roller for $150 because I really wanted to keep it! Be patient if you can, one may come along. But nobody would hack on you for buying a new one if you had to! They are cool and you can do anything you want with them, and not have to cut up or otherwise defile a vintage minibike! Good luck!

Welcome to the site Curlytop! That was a great idea to call and inquire about the rivet, we would all be excited if Rick would sell rollers! I would buy one if the price was reasonable!

check your PM's :wink: WAY WAY WAY better deal.. :wink:

YES DEFINITELY I would also say play the craigslist game.... For what you'll pay for a brand new bike you can find 50 used ones.. And the vintage bikes are just 100 times better to own in the long run.. Some people can't ever find OLD bikes near them in their area but I would say in Pittsburgh you should be able to find something. There are also many members of this site who are near you. Wayne has all KINDS of neat stuff... You might even post a thread in the (parts wanted) area of the forum... WANTED minibike near Pittsburgh PA, and see what happens. :wink: But those Poodlebugs are an ok ride I guess but the 2.5 motor is everyones favorite enemy when they buy it, end up buying a Horrible Freight different chinese motor to replace it, tires wear out fast... before long you'll have 400 500 dollars into a Korean import when you could have bought a Rupp TT500 that needs paint and some love.. :wink: Don't get too excited and jump the gun.. I would say shop around a little first. :wink:

Last edited: