White Painted Clone?

olddog

Folks,

I love the look of the white engine, was thinking about painting my clone white.

I searched on this forum and also took a look at google without luck.

Has anybody done this? I'd love to see how it looks.

Thanks.

Sprocket86

Are you talking just the fan shrouds and fuel tank or the whole block and cylinder head too?

Back when flat head small engines were manufactured the whole engine was painted (including the muffler) when they were coming down the assembly line. I think they stopped painting the blocks because they found that unpainted cast aluminum will dissipate heat better if left in it's raw unfinished state. I could be wrong though.

olddog

Are you talking just the fan shrouds and fuel tank or the whole block and cylinder head too?

Back when flat head small engines were manufactured the whole engine was painted (including the muffler) when they were coming down the assembly line. I think they stopped painting the blocks because they found that unpainted cast aluminum will dissipate heat better if left in it's raw unfinished state. I could be wrong though.
Yea, was thinking about what OND did...to me that just looks great.

Wow...thanks guys ! and I had know Idea how it was going to look either, but now that I've painted it white, I like it to.