Who on the Forum own's a Bad Dog Mini Bike?

With thousands of brands to choose from myelf and one other are the only two Bad Dogs I know of on the Forum.

Does anybody else have one that they ride or own? :shrug:

Yes, I do know they cost almost double and their not vintage, however I am curious of the 15,000 member's? Who has one?

TT Out~ :laugh:

I don't have one of there minibikes, but I did buy a longblock from them and was very upset to find they didn't include a cool-a$$ "BAdDog" sticker like the picture shows.:confused:

Motor is cool though........can't wait to build it.:rolleyes:

With thousands of brands to choose from myelf and one other are the only two Bad Dogs I know of on the Forum.

Does anybody else have one that they ride or own? :shrug:

Yes, I do know they cost almost double and their not vintage, however I am curious of the 15,000 member's? Who has one?

TT Out~ :laugh:
looks like you the only one coming forward. When you gonna put some new vids up? :smile:

bad dog minibike

Hello; I'm a new and hope to be long time member. I've purchased a Bad Dog mini bike kit. I started assembly and with the help from Robin ( from whom I purchased it ) I hope to finish it next week. So far no problems. I will be more help when I get it together. Halkip13

korndog

I don't have one of there minibikes, but I did buy a longblock from them and was very upset to find they didn't include a cool-a$$ "BAdDog" sticker like the picture shows.:confused:

Motor is cool though........can't wait to build it.:rolleyes:
i was just looking and saw the db i/c's they have. Pretty good deal.

cxbra

Yeah, I wanna get my I/C block from them. $190 for the block or $280 for the whole engine is a great deal. They're selling the regular flathead 5hp Briggs for $350 :shrug:.

I recently received a Bad Dog kit. This will be my very first mini since I was 11 years old. Thats been over 40 years!

I started the mockup this evening and have been some what disapointed in the kit so far. First of all, there are no instructions at all! Good thing I have a good memory of my mini bike from 40 years ago. Then the welds arn't very pretty, but they look strong enough. I am missing the axel nuts and wheel spacers. The advertised kill switch is also missing. I will give Robin a call in the morning and let you all know how that goes.

Mike

Bad Dog kits

Guys,
Good to see some discussion on this subject. I wish I could be brief but it will not be possible. I ordered a BD kit 2-3 weeks after I received a Asuza kit. In my opinion the only thing the the Bad Dog kit has going is the frame geometry and the bearing steering head, compared to the Asuza. The packing was unbelievable in the negative aspect. The brake hub and sprocket had some corrosion, the person from BD said that some of the parts are NOS, and could be about 20 some years old. I thought I was purchasing new. The stamping made in Taiwan, with respect to what I remember 40 years ago does not make sense. The brake lever and cable you may as well throw it out. And yes the welds at least 60-75% of them suck. The base kit was about $20 more than the Asuza kit. If you are in the 6'-0 tall and above range it is a more comfortable ride. I asked about assembly instructions and the comment from BD was they do not provide them because they did not want to get sued. If you purchase one buy it from BD off of e-bay. More leverage if you have issues due to the potential for negative feedback. If they care. PM me if you want or need more info.

Just Finished my Bad Dog

Well, I got mine going. No problems other than I need to mess with it a little to keep the chain from falling off. It came out pretty nice and rides well except the annoying chain problem. I think some different engine mounting bolts and some patients will fix the problem.

Bad Dog Balloon Knobby

Here is a photo of mine from today. Really the first time I've gotten to really ride it a lot. Probably put 20 miles on it today up and down some horse trails. Fun!:scooter:

Picked mine up from the powder coat guy, 24 hours after I dropped it off.

Question, a few people say their kits cost so much more, what are they basing it on?:shrug:

Well wouldn't you know it. Mine showed up today and It has to be signed for and we most people work for a living!!!!!!!!!! So I have to wait till friday for re-delivery.

Yeah, I wanna get my I/C block from them. $190 for the block or $280 for the whole engine is a great deal. They're selling the regular flathead 5hp Briggs for $350 :shrug:.
The IC long blocks I got from them have an electric starter flywheel, and wire leads to set up lights or charge a battery.

Well it's official FED EX SUCKS!!!!!! They attempted delivery on the 5th. I was @ work. Called to tell them to leave it. NO dice sender requests signed by me @ my address. Wanted to send it to the wifes job. No dice either. so I finally rescheduled it for Friday. Took off work. Set here all day. Nothing called fed ex were sorry we put it on the wrong truck? well i asked where is it now I'll go get it? We don't know. it is still on a truck and will be back at the hub in the morning. Can I get it there in the mornig? NO WTH??? They have to attemp to deliver it here again before I can try to get it at the HUB ???? Did I say FED EX SUCKS!!!! Looks like my 400 dollar Mini Bike kit will cost me about 400 dollars in lost wages also.:censure: If you order one from them I would address this sign @ the address by addresse only crap for sure.

Man I HATE that signature req'd crap. I've had similar problems w/FedEx. I try to make a point of saying No Sig Req on stuff I buy and it still doesn't work sometimes and I am 60 miles from their "Hub":doah: