Wildcat Bobcat Registration program

This is Phil Harrison, son of Leon Harrison, I have started a RE-Registration program. This is a no charge registration. This is a attempt to locate and identify as many of the Wildcats and Bobcat mini bikes as possible. This is also a way to let all owners know of events and gatherings. All registrations will be posted on OLDMINIBIKES.COM. This is a awesome sight.

To get your registration you will need to do the following;

1, I need 4 pics front back and both sides.
2. Register on OLDMINIBIKES.COM. Your user name, city and state on will be used to post your registration on this site, a registration with your name and address will be sent to the owner.
3. Please include all info on the history of your bike,
4. If your bike has a id tag include a photo. Sample>

I am working on getting new id tags made, the original tags have 4 digits, I am working on finding out how many were originally made and will update as info is obtained. The new numbers will be issued on first come base. The new numbers will start with 2 extra numbers the first 2 will identify as close as possible the year. 1968 had a 3 piece rim 2 hubs and center rim. A rare set of 10 Hodaka powered Wildcats were made and will have a H-68##, 00-10 The 1969 had a one piece front rim and open lower front frame tube.The 1970 started with a 2 piece 3 spoke rim.1971 and 1972 were sold under the name American Products nine mile in Warren Michigan, and also had 2 piece 3 spoke rims. Any bikes with original tags will have that number. On the new 6 digit tags _ _ 0001-_ _ 0100 will be reserved for family owned bikes.
The year of the bike will be determined by myself and other members of the family some of the original builders. The registration should not hold any legal weight in court, it is only a registration and not conclusive proof of ownership.
Note If you do not have internet or a “e-mail address” you can still register you are looking at this site now PM your contact info.

Pictures and list of registered owners, OLDMINIBIKES.COM ,user name will appear in the photo section, Harrison wildcat.

needs a little work but it dose look like it is a wildcat I would like to go with a 1968 frame due to the open front lower frame tubes and the chain pulley for the automatic clutch, Plus the 3 piece rims.
I will post your registration and send you your official registration. PM name and address to send your registration. Your registration # 680101. Ride on dude HAPPY trails.
Phil Harrison

Last edited:

oldsledz

Did the handle bars have the knurled spot in the center like bicycle bars? or were they smooth?

Anyone repoping seats that look original?

the handel bars were made by schwinn, a few were made no rib butt schwinn was cheaper and faster to get. I am working on seats and side covers. as time goes on I would like to find enough people to get the price down, that is part of the plan for registering. So I can see who needs what then bring a few hundred to winber and else where. all styling !!!

Last edited:
Hi Phil...I don't own a Wildcat (yet)...but I will when the right one comes along.

Just wanted to say I admire what you're doing to keep your father's dream alive and the family legacy going....:thumbsup:

Keep up the good work and PM me if you spot a nice original survivor for sale :scooter:

Hello Phil. I spoke with you a while ago regarding my Wildcat. The bike was pulled out of someones garbage near Flint, MI. All that was there was the frame, seat, wheels, and half a set of bars. They were rotted beyond repair, so we made a new set. I would love to get a set of originals someday. It also had a motor, but did not really even fit in the frame, so I don't know if it was original or not. It is long gone, as a 5HP Briggs now resides there. There were never any tags on this bike that I know of. The only reason I know it was a wildcat was the seat had the embossed Wildcat logo on it. The original vinyl is still there, I just recovered over it. My front wheel is a repop, since the bolt holes on the original were broken. I have done a coilover spring mod on it as well.
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]
This is before my redo of the bike.
[/url][/IMG]
Any other info you need I will try and accommodate. I really appreciate the work you are doing. I love my Wildcat!

registration

Nice again, I will get you a registration, you appear to have a 1970 model 100, the deluxe had chrome fenders and chain guard and came in orange and yellow, the plane model 100 had red or blue frames, I am going to call yours a deluxe because of the chrome. your registration # is 700105 I will get that up on this site for you and send you you certificate, pm me with address to send it only OldMiniBikes screen name will be posted here.

Man that was fast. Thank you Phil, you are the man. The fenders were chrome, but so badly pitted and painted over by the previous owner, I just repainted them. They were pretty beat, so I figured no real loss. Orange and yellow....interesting. Thanks again, pM sent.

I got my registration a day after giving my info! I got to tell you, I was really impressed with the paper. Very well done! Now I can't wait for the tags! Woo-Hoo! I am number 5(after special reserve numbers)!!!:scooter::thumbsup::2guns::scooter:

125ccCrazy

I'll have to pull mine out of the attic..... originally it was yellow, 4" wide azusa tri-spoke wheels, torque-a-verter with a jackshaft mount that bolted to the bottom of the engine plate with the engine bolts....frame mounted gas tank...

I need one chrome fender and a chain/clutch guard... I did make some fiberglass fenders from the original fender but I'd like to have orig chrome ones..