William's Rocket

Could not find all I needed for the bike over the weekend so William Tom and I spent time in the shop and knocked this together.
Cheap as hell easy to make and an hours worth of fun running around catching rockets.

It's made from 40mm pvc plumbing pipe has a car valve for filling the air and a simple stopcock for the release. The rocket is made from 22mm pvc, slides nicely over the copper tube, turned down the end of a broom handle for the top and the fins are hot glued on from an inspection hatch sawed into quarters.

Shoots up about 15 yards good fun, started filling with the car foot pump, but the more dadda more made me swith to the compressor:laugh:

cool....:thumbsup:

wonder how much pressure you can safely put into that PVC...guess it depends on the schedule and how good your glue joints are...

C:thumbsup:eek:l project - rocketry has alway been a cool hobby, don't know how many rockets i have lost to trees and school roofs. I use to work for a Ford dealership back in the 80's and the a/c use to shoot R12 cans across the garage floor at closing time :eek:ut:

cool....:thumbsup:

wonder how much pressure you can safely put into that PVC...guess it depends on the schedule and how good your glue joints are...
Thanks Guys,

Not sure on the pressure - it's 40mm pvc with a 3mm wall.
Should find a gauge hear at work and make a test rig - have a feeling the joints would fail before the pipe shears.

I need to get a tyre filler with a gauge on then I could check - Ardendorff here I come