Williams Side Car

very cool. Did you plan out where to put the wheel forward /back or just random placement? All the sidecar sort of things iv built always scrub that wheel like crazy around turns. I think it needs to be as far back as possible to prevent the scrubbing but thats just a guess. Seems full size sidehacks are just wherever :shrug:

@Jeep,

At first was not sure where to put the wheel, saw most where to the middle and some to the rear. I built the frame then bolted it to the bike, then I cut a piece of wood the same height as the wheel and propped it under the frame where I thought the wheel should be. Then I placed weight on the frame where I though the boys would sit and kept adjusting till the frame flexed the least. Not very sientific, but it worked.
Think I'll upgrade to bolting it on, hose clamps were a nice idea, but I think a little weak with a lot of use they might brake.
My mate came round and took his kids for a spin, flat taps down the road so it works great.

The only design flaw is that the bar that sits above the knees is a bit low and they have to bend there legs to the side to get in. The car is still painted with primer so after the weekend I'l cut it and move it out a bit.

Pic of my two.

Pic of my mates to little ones

Last edited:
Hahahaha.....that thing is awesome!!!!

What the hell are you asking my advice for, that's better than anything I could dream up and build in a weekend :thumbsup:

that's a pretty scary pinch point between the tire and the axle hoop....remind the kids to never put their hand out there or maybe make a fender for it......:thumbsup:

I'm interested to see how that hoop is welded to the frame also.....does it have any "upper" support to keep it from flexing or folding in.....?:detective:

Last edited:
Uncle G & B,

First thing my Dad pointed out aswell was the wheel cover, will get straight on it.

Uncle G , the car is fitted in two palces a lower track and one upper suppport. I recon 90% of the load is carried by the car wheel and the minibikes lower frame, the cross support is in compression and is working fine so far.
The wheel bracket is welded above and below straight onto the frame, think i'll put a small web under it when I fix the knee guard.

not to dig up an old thread, but man tank, this is a nice addition to what I believe was your last years build bike. Im a new member still so spending a little time just trying to absorb the 6+ yrs of knowledge on this forum.

Nice work, Tank. Something I'd like to do for my Super Bronc. More importantly, I like to see plans for the Williams Sidecar. That would be perfect for my Yamaha 1200.
dandy lion

that was a nice side car. i found out these last 2 weeks how expensive new models cost, be it from India or Chitown. nice build.