Windber inspired Blue T555 " The Mudslinger "

Still needs the exhaust and air filter. But I did add the oil.lol.. Tires are over inflated. They will probably sit a couple of inches lower when I let the air out. I call it "The Mudslinger" after Windber 2014 when trikes ruled the stomping grounds...

2SlickNick

Looks nice!
Too bad there are not any fenders ( suppose that is half the fun :biggrin:) or at least a guard to protect the engine and TC unit.

Don't need fenders. Mud washes off. There is a flat piece of metal that goes over the TC belt. But I need to find the right flexible metal that won't look like I hacked apart a filing cabinet. Maybe just something temporary. Although from the ones I have had in the past,it really doesn't do anything. All the mud at Windber was no problem and if it gets wet or muddy it dries off quick with a little friction from revving the engine. And With that clearance,I have never bottomed out on anything enough to worry about the TC or chain. Plus I always carry spare belts and drivers,drivens whenever I ride. As far as protecting the engine. I haven't seen a rollbar for a T555 around here and I dont have a bender to make one.

Hey Gumpit, I'd like to request that you and all other trike fans here please stop building all of these sweet magazine cover worthy trikes!
You all are going to pass the TAS disease onto me! From what I have heard,TAS, Trike Acquisition Syndrome has no known cure! :surrender:

Shawn

Last edited:
Trikes are awesome. Mine are far from cover worthy. I try to replace every bearing,differential,cable,control and brakes. I don't worry about paint. Spray can and drips/runs are the norm. As long as it keeps them from rusting for another 40 years. The fun is to build them and run them. They take up way too much space. Sometimes one is too much to keep tripping over. A blue tarp and hide it behind the shed is all you need. But they are super fun and everyone should own or at least drive one once. I liked the orange one at Windber this year with the black rear so I went that route. I like the blue paint color so much I painted the last few bikes I had with it.(Bonanza and 2 Super Broncs).... Anyone else going to the Massacre in Wareham this week.

Trikes are awesome. Mine are far from cover worthy. I try to replace every bearing,differential,cable,control and brakes. I don't worry about paint. Spray can and drips/runs are the norm. As long as it keeps them from rusting for another 40 years. The fun is to build them and run them. They take up way too much space. Sometimes one is too much to keep tripping over. A blue tarp and hide it behind the shed is all you need. But they are super fun and everyone should own or at least drive one once. I liked the orange one at Windber this year with the black rear so I went that route. I like the blue paint color so much I painted the last few bikes I had with it.(Bonanza and 2 Super Broncs).... Anyone else going to the Massacre in Wareham this week.
Yeah that metallic blue looks really good! I have some House Of Kolor ice pearls, flakes and color change pearls from when I used to air brush R/C car bodies years ago that I'd love to use on a future trike project. Something like a 70's retro flake and candy paint job.

Shawn

Last edited:
Great looking little trike as always they are fun from 5 HP to 50 HP they provide a thrill. I always liked the flat tracker tires and doing controlled slides around corners of cliff edges. Even my Street Legal was a blast to ride off road and Oh so quick. Never did the mud stuff but never had any around.
Steve

I have a few different sets of tires on rims. So I can swap them depending on the terrain. I am hoping to get my smaller knobbies mounted on rims for next weekend.

I don't like the fat tires on the front. I actually got the wide forks from 1970sTrikes when I picked up this frame in Nebraska in December whenI took my roadtrip... I find the smaller tires are better for turning on the trails.The wide ones tend to push forward while on leaves and pine needles.

What if you studded a fat tire on the front so it bit a lot more? I can only imagine a stud shearing off and getting lodged in your knee cap though.....

Well my buddy came over with some sort of exhaust to hear it. Still no air filter and the petcock was leaking. But I couldn't help but take it for a quick test run. I mean quick. Just started getting dark and the neighbors on both sides are old women.It's loud,but quick as hell.:thumbsup:

Man that just looks awesome!!![emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]. I come from an era when those rear tires were a big thing on the farm three wheelers. Clean build. I would love to give that bouncer a ride.