Windber Mini Bike Reunion 2017

Do they sell gas at Windber? Non stop riding daily could be a problem...

Danford1
Good question, but no. Just bring your own.

I typically go thru less than 10 gallons, between Wednesday and Sunday, the majority of which is for generator use during the day.

There is a gas station a couple miles away.

Everything is convenient.

Ahhhh....waking up to the sound of mini bikes at 7 am....there's nothing like it...:laugh:

Last edited:

capguncowboy

Good question, but no. Just bring your own.

I typically go thru less than 10 gallons, between Wednesday and Sunday, the majority of which is for generator use during the day.

There is a gas station a couple miles away.

Everything is convenient.

Ahhhh....waking up to the sound of mini bikes at 7 am....there's nothing like it...:laugh:
or, in my experience, waking up at 6:30 because someone parked their running rupp 6" from my tent to look at some stuff Joker had for sell...

That was a fairly loud and surprising awakening

How about trying to sleep with running generators everywhere ??????

Danford1

How about trying to sleep with running generators everywhere ??????
Nope they make most of the generators shut down by like 10pm :thumbsup: There are a few that get to run them for their c-pap thingys , phil1958 runs a quiet Honda that he and gumpit run their machines off of and they camp right next to us and it doesn't bother me :thumbsup:

Nope they make most of the generators shut down by like 10pm :thumbsup: There are a few that get to run them for their c-pap thingys , phil1958 runs a quiet Honda that he and gumpit run their machines off of and they camp right next to us and it doesn't bother me :thumbsup:
Good to know (10PM shut down rule). Thank you.

Danford1

i'm bringing this solar powered/charged inverter to run the cpap machine.
the panel charges during the day and the inverter runs absolutely
silent all night. i ran my cpap machine for four days on one charge.

20170401_135528[1].jpg

20170401_135610[1].jpg

this particular model produces up to 500 watts and has a 1.2 kWh lithium battery.
the solar panel produces up to 220 watts for charging or use. the panel foldes up
into a small brief case size carrier.

cool!

phil

Last edited:
That's cool [MENTION=42056]Phil1958[/MENTION], did you tell [MENTION=13654]gumpit[/MENTION] he might want to look into one of those :shrug: are you still bringing your generator so we can make coffee in the mornings :thumbsup:

That's cool [MENTION=42056]Phil1958[/MENTION], did you tell [MENTION=13654]gumpit[/MENTION] he might want to look into one of those :shrug: are you still bringing your generator so we can make coffee in the mornings :thumbsup:
i'm bringing the honda generator too, can't leave you guys without a morning cup of java :thumbsup:.

i'd like to do the same thing as last year and run a cable over to the gumpit compound and see how
this inverter works with a little more load. we should get at least two nights of operation and hope
for sun to recharge it.

can't wait for those 6:00am 'wake up' minibikes and the 10:00pm minibike serenades!

I thought that noise after 10PM was Chatten snoring. I didn't realize it was generators running.

Doc

I thought that noise after 10PM was Chatten snoring. I didn't realize it was generators running.

Doc
it could have been me snoring. You get worn every day out there.
I wasn't planning on bringing the trailer but I might have to. Thinking about letting a bunch of arctic cat frames and bikes and parts go for sale. Might have some heald parts to sell too.

Sent my registration in and plan on getting there Wednesday afternoon. Need to bribe Randy (Harleys Poppa) to save me a spot on the outside this year so we can get the generator away from the campsite. No RAIN....No RAIN!!!!

Last edited:
Camp over. No electrical or water hookups. Bring a tent but a camper is better. Or just sleep in your vehicle. They have a pavillion which sells food. Bathrooms and showers.very family friendly. Lots of little kids riding around. Trails in the hillside. Circle track. Fields for camping and selling/buying. Music and fun games. No loud obnoxious drinking. Just a great time... People from the forum and many not. Lots of stuff that Jeff the host has for sale. Non stop riding daily.
Thanks Gumpit for all the good information. I heard something about a registration form. Is it available on this site?