Windber Mini Bike Reunion 2017

This was the most fun I have had in a long time. To meet all of you was priceless and I can cross this off the bucket list. I will have to ship a bike for next year and show the other big guy how it's done! The Coleman without a TAV was not liking the hill and I had to Flintstone it to get to the top!

Thanks to all for a great time! Jeff and his family make great sacrifices to get this done and they do a great job!
Yes sir--eee. Was glad to meet you in person, too. Most fun I had was watching you try to tune RobertC's new Roper (from NotsoMinibike). All RobertC and I kept hearing was something like, "shoulda had a Briggs engine on this puppy." So you got schooled in the fine art of Tecumseh tuning--was a hoot!

RobertC got the best of the left coast working with a right coast Tec nut, and the Roper lives to ride!

Yes sir--eee. Was glad to meet you in person, too. Most fun I had was watching you try to tune RobertC's new Roper (from NotsoMinibike). All RobertC and I kept hearing was something like, "shoulda had a Briggs engine on this puppy." So you got schooled in the fine art of Tecumseh tuning--was a hoot!

RobertC got the best of the left coast working with a right coast Tec nut, and the Roper lives to ride!
Yes sir...I got technical support from the best of both coasts...:laugh:...and the help is much appreciated....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
More Photos

The Rolling Man Cave with RobertC to the left, Bryce05 squeezed to the right and flanked by Harley's Poppa and manchester1

My buddy, Robert, trying on new shades at the Walmart

This young man had an Arizona Taco that his grandfather and he built with mostly original parts. The throttle/carb kept giving him fits, but we got him going to get back to the campsite. The awards program was really cool for the kids....Jeff talked about every participant and the bike shown. Nicely done!

Third time I got to spend time with this Boston Terrier sweetie!

Trinity's Trailhorse was beautiful...

More bikes at the show...

Photos don't do this Harley Bobber justice.

Another sweet build...

This Boxer guy stole the show down below the pavilion....his bucket rolls were incredible! Those are happy ears, by the way.

Ya think I missed my Boston and Boxer?:shrug:

MB165

DSCF6600.JPG Windber sure was a good time. I brought our new addition this year. she kept me busy, but everything worked out great so autumn gets to come back next year.....
my son needs more power to do the woods trail, the clutch brake caught fire. im thinking of a briggs 5hp for the manco. By Saturday I was run down and ended up getting a sinus infection, just now starting get up and going.

Last edited:

capguncowboy

Thanks for the pictures fellas. I would like to go sometime... Is there much mini bike "flea market" stuff there?
Lots of guys were selling stuff (and a lot of it), including Jeff, who has more money in "junk" than I'll ever have in my actual bikes. Everything from engines, fenders, clutch guards, frames, tires and rollers to complete (both restored and unrestored) bikes.

I had decided that I'd sell my stuff before I went this year so I could spend my time riding my bikes -- and I'm glad I did. It also allowed me time to look at the other stuff for sale.

pomfish

This is the first time I have had time to get back on this thread.
Had a great time catching up with old friends and making the best of the rain.
Those who left early on Saturday missed a great day of Riding, Sunshine and Camaraderie.

The turf held up extremely well considering the amount of rain, don't know whether Jeff is using a different blend of grass or just that the guests treated it better, but whatever it was, it was good.
The Raffle bike looked incredible and the Parade Patrol bike was impressive as well.

Personally I am OK with the parade ride going away, it kind of screwed up most of Saturday anyway. Feel sorry for the locals that looked forward to us being there, but life goes on.
Had 2 friends fromm back in the day come and join us this year and they were instant converts and can't wait to come back again.

For those who say it cost too much, just ask yourself this;
Where can you camp for 2 nights for up to 5 (yes FIVE) People, have Free access to showers, have basically unlimited amount of vendor/camping space and be able to bring your own food and have controlled campfires for $50 or less if you pre-pay?
And your ice is only $2 a bag. And the food for sale is reasonable and served by some of the nicest people in the USA.

Most swap meets give you a 20x10 space at about $30-35 a day and do not allow food to be brought in.
Anyway, let's celebrate the great things and not dwell on the other things.

I say "it ain't Windber without some Mud" and that mud is stubborn to come off the bikes after being pounded in for 3 days :)
Later and Thanks everyone, especially Jeff and Family for not giving up.
Keith