Winner winner chicken dinner (a DBR review)

whelp, I ordered the clutch and it didnt show, was due thursday, no show, they updated the web to show due and delivered on friday, of course, I dont know where they delivered if they did.
Anyways, here we are on Monday, Mike with Downs Brothers Racing has already pm'd me saying if it doesnt show then they will have another shipped out this evening to me.
I just had to start a thread for 2 reasons, one, the main reason to say Kudos to DBR for "hopping to" and making sure I was gonna be a happy guy. Thanks so much to Mike / DBR for the kind and super fast resolve to my problem.

the second reason for the thread was to say, I put a copy of the tracking report off of the USPS web in my mailbox today with a note asking his help in locating this package. I dont know how or where it was but he wrote on my note, that he was sorry and found it. I just think its weird a package was just floating around in his car for 3 days with a legible address and he doesnt deliver until I make a mention its missing, and I think he has to scan the package and basically say it was delivered for the web to update, so WTF?. I guess scan it and show it delivered and wait to see if customer bitches, if not, its assumed someone will go through the insurance process and recover and he gets to keep whatever he wants. Makes me wonder if this was the mindset and how often it really happens.

ok, I'll add a third reason for the thread, this one being a lesson learned for DBR to insure more than they did because they and their customers are basically totally at the mercy of some delivery guy that I dont know cares or not if items get to where they are supposed to, Christmas is coming. Might as well cover their butts for more $ to compensate for the hassles incurred if they are lost.

Thanks DBR, the clutch looks awesome:thumbsup::scooter:

Last edited:
TPC,

Did you pay for the shipping on this?

If so, contact USPS and file a for a refund. Sounds like the delivery guy isn't handling his frieght the way he should. Your right, he should be scanning the packages to ensure there is proper tracking, hence the need for a tracking number. Anyway, they at least owe you your shipping charges back. It was priority 2 day and ended up being 4 days late.

If DBR paid for it, then they should do the same. Sound like you let them know already, so they can follow up with their local sales rep.

WG

old-timer

Scamming Member
Yeah that is kinda weird for sure! Like you said, if this happens to you, how many others is this happening to? When I ship even using priority mail, I usually insure it for twice the worth. I figure if I'm going to have to go through the trouble of replacing and reshipping the item, I'm damn well going to get paid by hook or by crook.

I've been lucky over the years and have only had this happen a couple of times, and both those were being shipped overseas. Don't do that anymore :laugh:

Vic