Wiring a LED headlight to a battery?

Good Morning,

I am working on a super bronc, and would like to add a light. I purchased some LED headlights off amazon. They were ten bucks a piece, and look to be OK quality. I disassembled the units and sealed them with silicon as the reviews were said that was an issue. If I purchase a motorcycle AGM style battery and a switch, that should be all I need, Right? I shouldn't have to utilize a relay in this situation will I? The battery I am looking at is 12V 9Ah. The lights are 12v, 18w, 1.5a. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,
Josh

^Could depend on the type of switch used. If that component isn't rated for 1.5/3A then yes, a relay is needed. Same could said for the wiring used to and from that switch.

Add a fuse to the circuit for safety. That 9 Amp hour battery can flow a lot of Amps if accidentally short circuited. Hopefully the lighting system never develops a short circuit, but if its does, blowing a fuse is better than overheated wire starting a fire.

A 5 Amp fuse may be nominal, so a 7.5 Amp may be needed. Those LED's should make a lot of light :thumbsup: