Wisconsin newbie

Nubz

Howdy! This is how it started for me. A clueless swap meet purchase. I'm mostly into Harleys but I couldn't resist this box o parts. I thought a basket case mini bike would be a cheap easy quick project. That is until I realized I had no clue what I was getting into!

Hello Nubz,

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes !

I'd say for not knowing anything about mini bikes.....you did pretty good !!

Looks like the makings for some sort of Bonanza something (the experts will be along to tell you), and an Arctic Cat...(they made a bunch of them that looked similar to this..Prowler was the name of one version).

You'll have fun with those.

Enjoy !

Regarding the Arctic Cat, it looks like either a 71 Whisker or a 71 Prowler. The motor mounts appear to be missing. Hard to see in the pic. Fuel tank mount style will tell you the year. This would have had a 47cc Sachs Saxonette 2 cycle 2 speed automatic. Nice pile of parts!

Sorry, I made a typo... If a Whisker, it would have to be a 72. 71's were hard tails. Most likely a 71 Prowler like Robertc said. Those were the most abundant in production numbers.

Nubz

Thanks everybody! I'm definitely catching the mini bike madness. On top of trying to figure out these two puzzles I just bought a Carter Bros. Shortster. Soon I'll be up to my eyeballs in mini bikes! I'm never gonna get that Shovelhead project done at this rate!