wont start after flywheel ?

Have a hemi predator that i just installed a arc ultra light flywheel in now it wont start ? When trying to start recoil string pulls out of my hand real hard thought it broke my fingers, coil gap is set to .30 and is torqued to 54fp .. any suggestions ??

Did you take the side cover off for any reason? It's binding up somewhere.
Is the cup from the pull start lined up correctly with the new flywheel?

Sounds like its out of time...or valves aren't adjusted right. Is It the correct flywheel ? Cam out of time with the crank ?

So with the cover off, it turns ok with a wrench on the flywheel bolt.
When you hook up the pull start and housing it binds? hmmmm

most times when it pulls out of your hand it is the compression release not working, and it is caused by incorrect valve lash on the exhaust. Check it. If you are not sure how to check it ask here.

compare it to the old flywheel where the magnet is in relation to the keyway. but Im betting youre just not usto the lightweight wheel. Sometimes you really have to hold tight and pull it like you mean it. theres no weight on it now to soften those compression strokes

trinik7597

did you space out the coil ?? the non finned ultra light sits a good 1/4 inch farther out on the taper than stock or standard . so you have to space the coil out to center it over the magnet they usually send it with the wheel . but i would agree it sounds like valve lash if it did not turn over easy with a ratchet .

Ok took back apart and the cam was off 2 teeth somehow. Fixed it turns over good now has spark and wont start ugh.. i did use the spacers that came with the coil