WTB Briggs 3 and 5 hp engines

Bikerscum

Must be period correct late 60's, deep gas tank, "flange" models (4 chainguard mounting holes around crank), 5/8 shaft.

Must be all original, no extra holes, welds, broken fins, etc. Don't have to be pretty but have to be able to be made pretty without a welder, etc.

Must have the pull start at the 7 o'clockish position.

Post pics here or PM me.

:freakout: :deal: :freakout:

hey biker, I found this 5 hp on Craigslist. I'm not sure if its what your looking for but if you want it ill gladly pick it up for you and have it shipped to your location. Let me know. Thanks.

Bikerscum

hey biker, I found this 5 hp on Craigslist. I'm not sure if its what your looking for but if you want it ill gladly pick it up for you and have it shipped to your location. Let me know. Thanks.
Wow, what a nice gesture.

I think that's a bit more vintage than I'm looking for.

Thanks for the offer! :thumbsup:

Oh so your the guy scooping all those motors up in northern California on the c list hah ha ha. Where abouts are you located? I am up near Redding. I actually might have a 3 horse runner. I havent checked it out yet. Its on an old generator my neighbor had in his basement. Doesnt look like it was ever used.

Bikerscum

Oh so your the guy scooping all those motors up in northern California on the c list hah ha ha. Where abouts are you located? I am up near Redding. I actually might have a 3 horse runner. I havent checked it out yet. Its on an old generator my neighbor had in his basement. Doesnt look like it was ever used.
I'm in the SF Bay area.

Be careful, I think generators typically have tapered shaft motors, not so good for a minibike.

I look forward to hearing what you find out!

:drinkup:

I come down to the bay every few weeks for doc appointments. Long story but if you need something picked up from here to there I will grab it. Family is in San Mateo