WTB engine

Fat Boy

I have 2 Briggs a 5 hp and a 6hp that I have never heard run . The 5hp I could try to put some gas in and start soon . the 5hp came on a cart and I put a 10 hp on it and did not mess with it and the previous owner said it ran good but I have heard that before and sometimes they do and other times they dont . The 6hp the guy who I got it from said the cylinder looked great and was going to put a new head gasket in and run it when he found a carb for it as his was in pieces in a box I have the pieces and the intake and some other pieces . 45.00 plus shipping for the 5hp and 50.00 for the 6hp if interested PM me , I also have the hs50 Tecumseh with a torque converter plus shield for 320.00 shipped very nice engine put gas and oil in and start #41 sprocket just had professional tuneup over $100.00 spent in an Omaha shop with carb clean and rebuild and engine service . Located in Iowa

Last edited:

markus

I'll add one to the mix, 5hp Briggs industrial, flathead, J block, dual bearing, complete with max torque clutch. I have it listed in the parts for sale section. I'll go $170 shipped

joekd

I have a 5hp (I think) briggs with a header in my garage now, havent even tried to start it

Let me know if you want pics and as for price just make me an offer

What are you looking to spend and what's it going on? Some minibikes will not readily accept all style engines. I have some that require a tecumseh and remote tank while others will allow anything out there.:thumbsup:

Le Plat

What are you looking to spend and what's it going on? Some minibikes will not readily accept all style engines. I have some that require a tecumseh and remote tank while others will allow anything out there.:thumbsup:
Prefer something to use a remote tank. Can change out the carb to use remote tank. This would be for my Sears.

I already got a 3.5hp that i gotta get a carb for(but thats another thread) with a torque converter for my other mini project.

Prefer something to use a remote tank. Can change out the carb to use remote tank. This would be for my Sears.

I already got a 3.5hp that i gotta get a carb for(but thats another thread) with a torque converter for my other mini project.
If it's a sears like this one you'll have to go Tecumseh or something besides a briggs unless you're willing to use an edger or other small tank B&S. It came with a tecumseh originally and a remote tank.

This one came with a 3hp briggs with a 2hp edger tank and carb and barely fit, it'll have to have a different engine if I keep it. I'm still looking for the deal on a good tecumseh but I'm cheap and will wait, the minibike will sit till then.