wtf ? check out the quality control on this carb !

so i did some trading with a friend some labor for a new metalmotorsports rivet ! he bought it at the local farm store brand new cause it was on clearance stating it wouldnt quite run right and was marked 50 off ! he thought it meant percent instead of dollars but ended up talking them into 160 $ half the price ! he took it home and rode it but said it ran like garbage and contacted the company who gave him the run around for months ! so me being mechanically inclined he said i need help finishing out the inside of my garage i can pay u or you mentioned you might want that mini bike ! well i took the mini bike figuring it was something simple , couldnt figure out why the thing would start and die abruptly ! well heres what i discovered ! i asked if he messed w the carb and he said no ! i noticed a quarter 20 screw drilled off center w red rtv silicone around it on the botom of the bowl ! took it off couldnt remove the bowl , did some twisting on the bowl and finally got it loose ! idk how this even passed inspection ! drilled and tapped off center going halfway through the jet tower , drilled into the float , and then tapped and inserted the quarter 20 w red rtv ! i was already planning to do the 6.5 predator swap after discovering this site but would like to repair this for the girlfriends kids to ride as a learning experience before we do the swap so they can notice the difference ! anyone have a stock carb they wanna sell for a little cash ? looks like theyre 30 on line and i'd rather put the cash towards an engine swap ! anyways heres the pics enjoy !

Based on the fact that the factory in China probably doesn't even own 1/4-20 screws or RTV, my guess is someone bought the bike, figured out it was slow as hell, and sabotaged the carb so they could get their money back.

you know the more i look at it the more i think your right ! almost looks like it was a poorly cast 7 mm bolt the head twisted off on and then some dips#t thought i know lets drill and tap a 1/4 20 in for god knows what reason ! like i say they drilled off center and through half of the jet tower and into the float ! was red rtv to seal it !